New Build Thread: Beau Hannam Sinker Redwood / Amazon Rosewood 19" Selmer

C'est vraiment Beau, Beau. Felicitations, Eddie.

So far (and for no particular reason) , i've strung up with Oasis, then Aqulia carbon blacks (i might have that name wrong), then Southcoast medium gauge (or forget the code number, there are too many).

All the string brands sounded great btw. I'll be leaving the South Coast strings on for the show because i really don't want to change strings a 4th time!

PS- you have no idea how much i've polished this darn uke!!!! hahahha:deadhorse:

That is no doubt one of the most striking looking ukuleles I have ever seen. Class and beauty to the core. Congratulations

I took delivery of this uke last night. I'm extremely pleased. I think the Selmer body and 19" scale are a winning combination for me. I never did get very comfortable with the 20" baritone I had, despite it being an "oh, wow" instrument in all respects. The Selmer body shape is larger than most regular tenor bodies and a bit smaller than baritone. The 19" scale is just doable for me. I currently have it tuned Bb and love its voice.

As a reminder, this is a Selmer in shape only. Based on a prior experience with a more traditional, very popular Selmer from another builder that did not work for me, Beau braced this one differently. Whereas Selmer's usually have lattice bracing and a D-shaped or small oval sound hole, Beau used a larger oval sound hole and 5-fan bracing. It really, really works for me.

Anyone attending, Beau will have it on display.

Will do a full review post UGH's Hawaii Ukulele Festival.

Chapeau, Beau!

Last edited:
Thanks, y'all. Hollis, it would have been wonderful to take delivery together since they were built alongside each other.

It really turned out spectacularly. Beyond its wonderful tone, Beau got a lot of accolades for his elegant work.

Top Bottom