Song Help Request Chord melody book of Hawaiian song for Ukulele-does it exist ?

LarryL

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and have read the stickies trying to be sure I am posting in the correct section...if not, moderator please move to the right section.
I could probably come up with my own chord melody arrangements of Hawaiian "commercial" tunes such as Hawaiian Wedding Song, Beyond the Reef, etc. but would be interested in purchasing such a book if it exists. I have the Ukulele Jazz book that I ordered from Japan and that is the type of thing I would like to find for Hawaiian tunes. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I think I answered my own question...I have a book called "Songs of Hawaii" written in standard music notation with chords...since I can read music for the uke and know all of the chords on the uke, I can come up with them myself...but still I am sure a pro doing such a book would have more interesting arrangements, so please post if you have seen or own such a book.

I have Mel Bay's Hawaiian Uke Tunebook by Ken Eidson & Ross Cherednik.

Whilst not specifically chord melody, it could be played that way. :)

Last edited:
Thanks uke1950 for the recommendation...I wound up ordering Jumpin' Jim's Gone Hawaiin book for 3 bucks from amazon and I am continuing to do my own with the above mention book of songs of Hawaii and am having a great time coming up with my own arrangements.

If you master everything in Jumpin' Jim's Gone Hawaiian, you might want to next look at "He Mele Aloha: A Hawaiian Songbook". Everything is laid out well, it's comprehensive, and I've been told it's what a lot of schools in Hawaii use for ukulele instruction.

Top Bottom