Status
Not open for further replies.

bazmaz

Reaction score
Superb conditon Ohana SK-35 soprano - all solid mahogany
Fitted with Gotoh UPT's - wonderful tuners
With great condition pod hard case.

RRP of all items is £270. Looking for £165 delivered in UK

No marks on the uke. It did have a small blister under the washer of one of the tuner bushes, but almost completely hidden by the washer of the Gotoh UPT's now.

UK only please

_DSC0680.jpg19667522_1219281504844267_3710495811848953463_o-2.jpg

I have the gloss version of this uke. It's a great player and fine to admire as well.

Yes, terrific ukuleles for a good price.

Price drop to 155. Bear in mind that includes postage which is likely to cost me between 10 and 15...

Weekly bump - terrific ukulele

Dont know why I was blind to the typo in the post title - if not obvious - they are GOTOH tuners not GOTH!! Lol...

Great uke. I have a glossy as a bff! Great price indeed with UPTs.

Hi Baz, I love your blog (as an aside).

How does this uke measure up to entry levels Kalas (kala ka-s or the gloss mahogany laminate series) as far as smooth fast, well dressed neck and general quality control and intonation goes?

This is a league above the KA-S as it's all solid wood and you can tell. It's got a great punch and volume. Build is good and the setup is just fine on this one.

I actually think that these range of Ohanas (SK25 - SK35, and 38) beat the equivalents by Kala on looks and build. Kala edge back ahead of Ohana at the higher end and also beat them in the absolute entry level (things like the KA-S). But at this entry to solid wood bracket, for me at least, it's hard to look past Ohana here I think.

Just my opinion of course.

I think this falls into the space where its too good to be my pub/club strummer and I feel if I save/hold on a little longer I can get myself a better 'good' uke.

Ill keep my eyes peeled for UK sales of sopranos or concerts in that range.
There is a second hand Rob Collins Brazillian Mahogany in Forsyths that is tempting as that good good uke, though part of me thinks if I go that way, would I lament not dealing with Rob directly.

I appreciate your reply re: Ohana vs Kala in this price range. Thanks for the context

My pleasure - yes, I'd agree - buying a Rob Collins used loses a lot of what makes the process so enjoyable.

Weekly bump - still available this one!

Weekly bump. Surprised at no interest in this one - it's a terrific little uke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom