Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Season 295 is colourful

Great idea for a season, Geoff ... and a great wrap up; it was very interesting to see all those statistics. (And, ah yes ... "young Mr. Grace"; I wonder if our American cousins have the faintest idea who you're talking about!)
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    Great idea for a season, Geoff ... and a great wrap up; it was very interesting to see all those statistics. (And, ah yes ... "young Mr. Grace"; I wonder if our American cousins have the faintest idea who you're talking about!)
    Some of them do because I used it once before and Alan in Texas knew what I was talking about. Apparently it was aired on PBS. (I think)
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

I thought it was quite popular across the pond.....or maybe I’m thinking of Benny Hill...

I was never that keen on Benny Hill, even if he WAS "The Fastest Milkman in the West"! (Sorry, Geoff ... all this has absolutely nothing to do with your splendid season, but you started it by referring to "Are You Being Served".) And, actually, I think that the PBS in the States does have a fair few British shows ... there was something Randy mentioned that I was surprised he had heard of. It's nice to think that we're bringing them a bit of "culture"!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

I was never that keen on Benny Hill, even if he WAS "The Fastest Milkman in the West"! (Sorry, Geoff ... all this has absolutely nothing to do with your splendid season, but you started it by referring to "Are You Being Served".) And, actually, I think that the PBS in the States does have a fair few British shows ... there was something Randy mentioned that I was surprised he had heard of. It's nice to think that we're bringing them a bit of "culture"!
    With the shows you are refering to that should be spelt 'culcha'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tootler View Post
    Does it really matter that much?

I put it in that order so that I can quickly check where I have got to in listening to the videos. Once I'm done, I can reorder.
    That would be helpful. It is of course entirely your prerogative as host as to how you put your playlist together; but as you've asked "does it matter?", this is why I prefer a playlist to be presented in oldest-newest date order - I can of course only speak for myself:
    I use a playlist to save me having to click on individual entries separately. I use it after I've caught up with on the posts on the forum; or to play a Season's entries on loudspeaker while I'm doing things around the house. I might visit a Season's playlist 2 or 3 times in a week. When I visit a Season's playlist, therefore, I want to use it to pick up from where I left off, to listen to the entries I haven't yet heard. If the list is in reverse date order, I can't do that. Youtube doesn't give me the option to reverse the order in which I listen to the playlist; so I can't use a playlist arranged newest-oldest to catch up on what I've missed. It's like trying to walk up the down escalator.

Like I say, it's entirely up to - but you did ask!
    Last edited by redpaul1; 10-19-2017 at 11:00 AM.
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton sop. | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SSTU travel sopranissimo | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Maholo sop. | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    You have a point, Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by redpaul1 View Post
    That would be helpful. It is of course entirely your prerogative as host as to how you put your playlist together; but as you've asked "does it matter?", this is why I prefer a playlist to be presented in oldest-newest date order - I can of course only speak for myself:
    I use a playlist to save me having to click on individual entries separately. I use it after I've caught up with on the posts on the forum; or to play a Season's entries on loudspeaker while I'm doing things around the house. I might visit a Season's playlist 2 or 3 times in a week. When I visit a Season's playlist, therefore, I want to use it to pick up from where I left off, to listen to the entries I haven't yet heard. If the list is in reverse date order, I can't do that. Youtube doesn't give me the option to reverse the order in which I listen to the playlist; so I can't use a playlist arranged newest-oldest to catch up on what I've missed. It's like trying to walk up the down escalator.

Like I say, it's entirely up to - but you did ask!
    I can see what you are doing Paul, but when I'm hosting I'll probably continue to order as newest first during the week as it enables me to quickly check where I have got to last time then I can find that entry and continue from there listening and adding to the playlist as I listen. I'm quite happy then to reorder at the end of the week. I know at one point I used to note the page I had got to in the thread. I'll give it some thought next time.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by One Man And His Uke View Post
    I thought it was quite popular across the pond.....or maybe I’m thinking of Benny Hill...
    It's quite possible both were aired across the pond.
    Geoff Walker

at least, not yet.

Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    As in "dubya"?
    Geoff Walker

at least, not yet.

Internet:

Thread Information