Season 295 is colourful

I've joined the ranks of the Blue Mooners and had a wee noodle with this one this evening, I missed out the last verse as times not on my side 'cos I'm on my hols in the morning to Cornwall.
Cheers for hosting this one Geoff

whereabouts in Cornwall are you going?
I can recommend some open mics around Penzance, but not on Friday/Saturday.

Well Bigdaddy got here before me but here is "Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain" on a baritone. I tried to sing "Blue Spanish Eyes" but it was too hard for me so.

Last edited:
This is an early Sun Records song by Warren Smith, later covered by Brian Setzer and Bob Dylan.

I wasn't sure I could make it this week, but I found a little time...

Once again, my copy of Microsoft's Video Editor (now no longer supported) failed at the last minute and the version it saved as a back up has these annoying black lines on either side. I really must find an editor that is as simple to use, but more reliable.

It looks like a 16:9 video has been saved as a 3:4 video so you have become long and thin. I would recommend my video editor but it's only available for Linux.

Correction. It's now available for Mac and Windows as well. Try OpenShot video editor. It's open source and available as a free download. Relatively easy to use. It has a basic mode and a more advanced mode and I not, so far, needed to go beyond the basic mode.

It has a much flashier website than last time I looked. http://www.openshot.org

Last edited:

Hi Geoff! Question: What do you do when you want to upload a song, but you've "broken"* your strumming arm and you discover you're losing your voice? Answer: You make a pretty video featuring antique embroidery and sewing equipment and hope that no one will notice the singing or the playing!

*Actually, not broken ... just a very badly jarred shoulder, having tripped over the base of a parasol on the terrace of a local restaurant whilst trying to get the attention of the waiter; in this instance, landing at his feet! (The doctor very thoughtfully classified it as a "sports-related injury" on the prescription for physio!)

Purple Rain

I've spent all week practicing this, my first go at performing clawhammer in public, but this is only my 2nd take (and first with the Argapa). I was sure there'd be at least 2 or 3 versions in this Season's playlist by now! Inspired by Dwight Yoakam's bluegrass take on this Prince classic.

Last edited:
Season #296 is up. But NO POSTING until Midnight Sunday. There is still plenty of time in Geoff's fantastic and colourful Season. I'll get a playlist organized tomorrow afternoon when we get back.

Caught up to here. I think all the videos have been added to the playlist but if by any chance, yours isn't just PM me and I'll add it.

An interesting mixture of songs some oldies, some less well known and a few classics. You are all really great and such a range of songs and styles. Keep them coming. Don't worry about song limits, I'm lifting them as of now.

Top Bottom