Season 295 is colourful

So I had a car go in the back of me this morning on the way into work, two hours later I get a tow home, six hours later I'm still waiting on the hire car from the insurer so it's an impromptu day off (I'm fine, doubt I'll see the car again though).

What to do on such an occasion though? Play a song of course. This one's by Ben Howard.

Greetings,

No time for toys this week, I only have today to lay down a track. It's a pretty straight forward take on a beauty of a song. It needs a flute solo but alas, I do not play the flute. I tried the uke as a substitute for the flute but it wasn't great so I left it out.

Ciao

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, Ryan, but happy to hear you're in good playing form. Cars can be replaced, usually. People can't.

All the best Ryan. Sounds like a bummer of a day, but glad you are OK.

A cowboy love song. I get to use the Texas flag uke because Estelline is in the southeast corner of the Texas panhandle.

P.S. There's another song by the same title recorded by the Ames Brothers; it's a different song.

I have one ready to go, but my voice is only suitable for a frog at this time. Hopefully it will clear up and I can record something later - I'll just keep practicing.

I have one ready to go, but my voice is only suitable for a frog at this time. Hopefully it will clear up and I can record something later - I'll just keep practicing.

Looking forward to it, Greenie. Your stuff is always worth a listen. Your UU name is appropriate for this week. :)

Hi friends,

This is my first day on the rebound from what we thought was Pharyngitis, but turned out to be full blown flu. 😫Poor Ashley has it now, so I’m home helping her take care of the babies. Sorry if my voice is even more off than usual. Still getting back into the swing of things, and I thought a song would help me feel a little more normal.

Anyways here it is. I could never ever have pulled off a pink tux by the way.

Okay, I finally got off my butt and made a SUTU ukulele song video after lurking for years! :D As Arlo Guthrie once said... "I knew it wasn't the best song that I ever wrote, but I didn't have time to change it."

Right here's a bit of an odd one.

Waypoint are a band I adore and on their debut EP they had two songs called Burgundy and Krimson. Both share the same key and much of the lyrics but Burgundy was a slow, meandering jam that picks up at the end with some extra lyrics whereas Krimson was short, sweet indie-pop goodness.

My version borrows more from Krimson than Burgundy but isn't a straight copy so let's call it Scarlet.

Top Bottom