Season 295 is colourful

This song, Wahine Ilikea, written by the late Rev. Dennis Kamakahi, has a title that translates to "Fair-skinned Woman" but the actual word "kea" means "white" in Hawaiian.
This song is actually about a waterfall on Moloka`i that is not normally visible as it is normally shrouded by mist and clouds. Every now and then, the wind blows away the mist and clouds, and the waterfall is revealed. He likens the rare glimpse of the waterfall to a new lover fully revealing herself for the first time.

thank you for this week, Geoff.
this is one of my most favourite songs.
it's by Shannon Lyon.

and something from the two little woodpeckers;
a traditional song in your honour, Geoff.

Another blue song here. Both Loretta Lynn and Emmy Lou Harris recorded this song and released albums of the same name (Loretta Lynn in 1965 and Emmy Lou in 1979). It was written by Johnny Mullins.

It's only a small matter, but is it possible to have the playlist (a playlist at least) in oldest-newest date order?

Does it really matter that much?

I put it in that order so that I can quickly check where I have got to in listening to the videos. Once I'm done, I can reorder.

Last edited:
That's me caught up with all your videos and season 295 is well and truly over.

We didn't quite manage the 100 but 95 is a pretty respectable haul, I reckon. I'll have a check on the number of seasonistas who've contributed and make a wrap up soon.

There has been a fabulous selection of songs and unsurprisingly, I think blue has dominated. I might just have to do some stats on the vids.

Finally a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to the season and made it such an excellent week.

Now over to season 296 and some songs related to the Simpsons.

For Paul. I've reversed the sort order as I've now finished.

Last edited:
Here is the wrap up video for Season 295. No prizes I'm afraid but in the words of Young Mr. Grace "You all did very well".

I have tried to acknowledge everyone who produced something a little different, but those who did covers produced some fabulous versions of well known songs.

Geoff, I loved that closing vid. The best part was that song played so well and that harp!

The info you gave has me wanting to catch up and have a listen to everything I missed :)

Lovely closing video Geoff.
Thanks for a wonderful week, mate.
(I actually submitted an original song also!)

Greetings,

Thanks Geoff for a great season. Your wrap was fun and we appreciate your comments and your time.

Ciao

Lovely closing video Geoff.
Thanks for a wonderful week, mate.
(I actually submitted an original song also!)

My apologies, Jon. I thought I'd included your song in the list. I must have missed it when I copied and pasted it from the text file I made of all the info.

And yes. It was Avery good song.

Top Bottom