Season 295 is colourful

Pushed for time today so this is a bit basic, but it's a song I've had buzzing around my head for donkeys years now and it's time it got out.

This Charlie Louvin song has one of the more unusual titles I've ever seen. I've wanted to try this one for quite awhile. Took the sopranino challenge here, and also the one recorded take challenge.

This is a bluegrass song by Larry Sparks I've wanted to try for a long time. Love this song.

Black and white are colours. My intro song mentioned both deliberately
and i did listen to that lovely song!!!! my bad!

<pedant>Tsk, tsk. Black and white are not colours. They're tones. White is the combination of all colours, but black is the total absence of colour</pedant>.
:smileybounce:

OK I may be wrong :)

Are Black & White Colors?
lol yeah, if you think photography, black and white and colour are 2 totally different and contrasting beasties, but if you think, is it a paint colour*, then black and white are as valid as blue and red

* although maybe let's not get into farrow and ball paint colours - songs about mizzle, pigeon, or elephant's breath, anyone? :rolleyes:

ok, here is an undeniable colour from the mighty t rex

crimson

<pedant>Tsk, tsk. Black and white are not colours. They're tones. White is the combination of all colours, but black is the total absence of colour</pedant>.

Technically you are correct but for practical purposes, black and white can be considered colours. I did think about putting that in my reply to BEV but decided against it. I didn't think we did pedantry on the seasons :rulez:

Wow! I go to Harrogate and have a fabulous afternoon blowing across little pieces of metal and down tubes with holes in the side.

I come home and find all these entries to look forward to.

Vid is a bit hazy, apologies. Anyway, a Nick Drake cover of arguably his best known song :D

I recorded a version of this for another online open mic last week, where it promptly got lost in the shuffle. Here it is for my Seasonisyas.

I've caught up with day one of S295 and enjoyed a range of colourful entries. I've left comments on You Tube and all your videos to date should be on the playlist.

Looking forward to more colourful delights tomorrow.

Edit: just as I post this another new song pops up. I've added it to the playlist.

Last edited:
I covered Moby's usage of this music some time ago. In a more recent season, I had taken a look at this song and decided it was too much French in one place for me to attempt, but with Geoff revisiting a colors theme I decided to give it a shot. So, here I am attempting to sing in French, and I know it's not good. I had a few hours to devote to it today, so I'm going to go with this recording before I forget everything.

By the way, Moby's lyrics and Mylene Farmer's lyrics are completely different. They are two entirely different songs that use the same music. Moby at first wrote it for her to use, and then went and used it himself.

The title, of course, means "blue black." There are a couple of other phrases in this song that I did know, but most of it I just used on online translator to try and get the general gist of it. If anyone wants to do a real human translation, I would welcome it.

Since Geoff requested instrumentals for this week, I thought I'd try one. I've always loved the melody of this song.

Learned this from an old Bob Wills record- one of those nice ones where Tommy Duncan is singin and Bob is too busy on the fiddle to do any hollering (or singing...because he was a terrible singer).
Anyway- Bluer than Blue. Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys.

Knowledge tells you that a zucchini is a fruit. Wisdom tells you not to include it in your fruit salad... or something like that ;)

Top Bottom