Season 295 is colourful

Great idea for a season, Geoff ... and a great wrap up; it was very interesting to see all those statistics. (And, ah yes ... "young Mr. Grace"; I wonder if our American cousins have the faintest idea who you're talking about!)

Great idea for a season, Geoff ... and a great wrap up; it was very interesting to see all those statistics. (And, ah yes ... "young Mr. Grace"; I wonder if our American cousins have the faintest idea who you're talking about!)

Some of them do because I used it once before and Alan in Texas knew what I was talking about. Apparently it was aired on PBS. (I think)

I thought it was quite popular across the pond.....or maybe I’m thinking of Benny Hill...:confused:

I was never that keen on Benny Hill, even if he WAS "The Fastest Milkman in the West"! (Sorry, Geoff ... all this has absolutely nothing to do with your splendid season, but you started it by referring to "Are You Being Served".) And, actually, I think that the PBS in the States does have a fair few British shows ... there was something Randy mentioned that I was surprised he had heard of. It's nice to think that we're bringing them a bit of "culture"!

I was never that keen on Benny Hill, even if he WAS "The Fastest Milkman in the West"! (Sorry, Geoff ... all this has absolutely nothing to do with your splendid season, but you started it by referring to "Are You Being Served".) And, actually, I think that the PBS in the States does have a fair few British shows ... there was something Randy mentioned that I was surprised he had heard of. It's nice to think that we're bringing them a bit of "culture"!

With the shows you are refering to that should be spelt 'culcha'.

Does it really matter that much?

I put it in that order so that I can quickly check where I have got to in listening to the videos. Once I'm done, I can reorder.

That would be helpful. It is of course entirely your prerogative as host as to how you put your playlist together; but as you've asked "does it matter?", this is why I prefer a playlist to be presented in oldest-newest date order - I can of course only speak for myself:
I use a playlist to save me having to click on individual entries separately. I use it after I've caught up with on the posts on the forum; or to play a Season's entries on loudspeaker while I'm doing things around the house. I might visit a Season's playlist 2 or 3 times in a week. When I visit a Season's playlist, therefore, I want to use it to pick up from where I left off, to listen to the entries I haven't yet heard. If the list is in reverse date order, I can't do that. Youtube doesn't give me the option to reverse the order in which I listen to the playlist; so I can't use a playlist arranged newest-oldest to catch up on what I've missed. It's like trying to walk up the down escalator.

Like I say, it's entirely up to - but you did ask! :)

Last edited:
That would be helpful. It is of course entirely your prerogative as host as to how you put your playlist together; but as you've asked "does it matter?", this is why I prefer a playlist to be presented in oldest-newest date order - I can of course only speak for myself:
I use a playlist to save me having to click on individual entries separately. I use it after I've caught up with on the posts on the forum; or to play a Season's entries on loudspeaker while I'm doing things around the house. I might visit a Season's playlist 2 or 3 times in a week. When I visit a Season's playlist, therefore, I want to use it to pick up from where I left off, to listen to the entries I haven't yet heard. If the list is in reverse date order, I can't do that. Youtube doesn't give me the option to reverse the order in which I listen to the playlist; so I can't use a playlist arranged newest-oldest to catch up on what I've missed. It's like trying to walk up the down escalator.

Like I say, it's entirely up to - but you did ask! :)

I can see what you are doing Paul, but when I'm hosting I'll probably continue to order as newest first during the week as it enables me to quickly check where I have got to last time then I can find that entry and continue from there listening and adding to the playlist as I listen. I'm quite happy then to reorder at the end of the week. I know at one point I used to note the page I had got to in the thread. I'll give it some thought next time.

Top Bottom