Giannini baritone

wildfire070

Reaction score
Vintage Gianni sn 9-77 baritone.
I don't have much info on Giannini's other than what I've read here:
https://jakewildwood.blogspot.com/2013/04/c1970-giannini-baritone-ukulele.html?m=1

Very nice deep, mellow, and resonant sound. Has light finish scratches and one deeper scratch on the back lower bout (pictured).
Looks like the original tuners were swapped out because the screw holes have been filled.

Asking SOLD. PayPal friends and family or buyer to pay fees if choosing goods option.

Attachments

• IMG_8778.jpg
    IMG_8778.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_8777.jpg
    IMG_8777.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_8779.jpg
    IMG_8779.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_8780.jpg
    IMG_8780.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
I know a guy whose main uke is the baritone. He has a number of instruments, including some vintage martins and likes the Giannini the best. Good luck with the sale.

I own one of these and they are great......especially at this price.

I've had one of these in the past. Great value here at this price.

How is the action at the 12th, fret buzz, fret wear? Tuners hold and work well? Bridge glued down? Just trying to figure out how much work would have to go into this to use it readily.
Thanks

Action is comfortable for me but I don't play up the neck very often. I'll snap a picture measuring string height at the 12th fret when I get home tonight. Tuners hold and work well. I don't have any issues with strings going out of tune and no issues with buzzing or fret wear. Bridge is stable and is not lifting.

I have a Gianinini guitar that I picked up in Hawaii, though made in Brazil. It was in horrible shape and it is now restored. It is a lovely parlor instrument. It is much older than this one. I think it excellently made and love playing it when the urge strikes. Your price is excellent and I hope it sells quickly for you. In fact I wish my budget was more flexible, but I too need to sell some instruments.

Here is a pic of the string height at the 12th fret.

Attachments

• IMG_8789.jpg
    IMG_8789.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 31
Giannini

BTW - the serial number is probably its manufacture date as my guitar is 7/69.

Nice to see the Giannini getting a good word here. I have one and love it. I love that it is laminate. I don't worry about it like I do my Martin and Favilla and I love the way it sounds. Its as easy to play as my Martin. The neck width is similar. I recommend them highly.

Top Bottom