Kala Elite 3KOA-TG Tenor

Smaller sizes are not the only preserve of High G though - they were ALL high G until recently. I get that personal preference is the thing and I would suggest that with a uke of this price Kala should:

a)offer it as a matter of course in standard tuning
b) offer low G as an option

Surely not the other way around? Everyone still wins. But low G surely IS still the lesser used alternative.

Smaller sizes are not the only preserve of High G though - they were ALL high G until recently. I get that personal preference is the thing and I would suggest that with a uke of this price Kala should:

a)offer it as a matter of course in standard tuning
b) offer low G as an option

Surely not the other way around? Everyone still wins. But low G surely IS still the lesser used alternative.

Maybe Kala is following the example set by KoAloha and Romero Creations whereby all of their ukuleles are strung low G?

Maybe - Don't like the practice on those either!

Not to mention following Kanilea's wide nut and fretboard. (Nothing wrong with that if like that sort of thing.) :)

Last edited:
That is one Ukulele that might make me spend the money. That is if I had it. Wonderful Barry. Thanks for the review.

Thanks Jack - yeah - bit of a pleasure to have this one on loan - VERY briefly as naturally the dealer needs to sell this !

But low G surely IS still the lesser used alternative.

Not in my house....:rolleyes:

But I think all ukes should have the choice of high or low, at point of sale, or in the box.

I'm forever having to buy strings, just to get a low tuning. :p

Edit: I think I may have 2 ukes in re entrant tuning, everything else is low tuned.

Last edited:
Yeah - I get that and can live with that. Still would never understand a wound low G ;-)

Top Bottom