Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wood find

You just made every piece of furniture in my house look like a future ukulele.
    Kiwaya KTS-6
    Enya X1 soprano
    Kiwaya KTC-2
    Ohana BK20

Nice piece of oak. I'd separate out the boards and take it from there sawing each board and then cutting sets out of the yield. I would also shoot for 4 slices per board. I am trying to source some larch which teams up well with oak. Get in touch when you have your sets and I'll let you have a set to play with

Quote Originally Posted by Ziret View Post
    You just made every piece of furniture in my house look like a future ukulele.
    LOL

Thanks Pete

First lot of concert sets successfully sawn this morning. Have to say I am really pleased with both the Axminster BS11 saw and the supertuff fastcut blade. The BS11 may be only a 250mm benchtop saw, but one incorporating all the features you would expect on a full size floor standing machine (heavy cast iron wheels, 3 bearing guides top & bottom etc.). I have mounted it on a wheeled cabinet which also houses my Fein dust extractor, since in my somewhat compact workshop I need to be able to move it easily. I also like the table at chest height as provided by a benchtop machine. Its expensive, but the quality is there.

Anyway, set up with the Tuffsaws 1/2" supertuff fastcut blade in accordance with the teachings of Alex Snodgrass, it coped very well with the sapele.

I actually have two alternative sets of sides cut - one set incorporating the full flame figure which I have some trepidation about bending , the other sets are from the plainer side of the timber.

P1080716.jpg P1080717.jpg P1080723.jpg P1080722.jpg

Struggling to get the bandsaw pic to appear vertically!

Anyone know how to delete photos / attachments? I can't find a delete option anywhere. I tried to delete a photo and it has just appeared as an attachment instead!
    Last edited by Wildestcat; 10-13-2017 at 10:52 AM. Reason: problems with pictures now sorted
    Cheers
    Paul

Hi Paul, try editing your post, and highlight the code which represents the pictures. Then press the delete key on your keyboard, not the delete button in the edit script. This seems to actually delete the code, but the edit delete key doesn't.
    Cheers Mike

That is cut very thick Paul? What did you set your saw at?

Pete: I set up for 4 mm thick slices. I like to join my tops & backs at 4 mm, and with 45 mm thick wood I could easily get 8 slices at 4 mm + 1 mm kerf. I didn't think 10 slices x 3 mm would have been practicable given my inexperience. The final slice was a little thicker as all the vertical fence/blade alignment errors compounded. I probably should have re-squared the edge as I progressed, but I'll be taking these down on the drum sander so wasn't too bothered. I'm happy with four 6-piece concert sets with 4 spare sets of sides from less than 1/3 of the timber I picked up

Mike: I thought that's what I did! I'll have another go ...
    Cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb2 View Post
    Hi Paul, try editing your post, and highlight the code which represents the pictures. Then press the delete key on your keyboard, not the delete button in the edit script. This seems to actually delete the code, but the edit delete key doesn't.
    Cheers Mike
    Pretty sure that's what I did first time around Mike - the offending picture disappeared from the main body of the text but re-appeared as an attachment. I've just tried again with all the editing features I can find (including in "manage attachments") but no luck finding a delete option.
    Cheers
    Paul

Hi Paul, just tried it on one of my posts and it seemed to go like this. Go to the post , click edit, then "go advanced", then manage attachments. The pictures relating to the post are at the bottom in the attachments pane. I ticked the box on the picture, and then (if I can remember correctly) I right clicked on the picture which gave me the delete option. It deleted the picture ok.

Thread Information