Song Help Request Trying to find a good uke version of Bonnie Raitt's "You"

cyber3d

Reaction score
Hi all, I really want to play this song but I can't find a good uke version with chords transposed and even better if it had tabs. I think it would sound great if I can find or combine a fingerstyle tab with chords.

Thanks Camsuke, I do have this. It's going to take me a while to translate it to a really good version. But, maybe it'll be more fun than dread.

I find quite often that songs on such sites are not true to the song. I often have to listen to the song over and over. Figure out, by ear, what's missing or just downright wrong. Get it down in it's original key and then change it all to a key I can sing well in. I don't think I know this BR song. Going to look it up. Maybe I can help.

I find quite often that songs on such sites are not true to the song. I often have to listen to the song over and over. Figure out, by ear, what's missing or just downright wrong. Get it down in it's original key and then change it all to a key I can sing well in. I don't think I know this BR song. Going to look it up. Maybe I can help.

That'd be cool bonesigh. I really dislike those sites that pop up in a search. Computerized crappy A.I. does not do a good job of transcription.

Okay

Looked it up and found an almost perfect version (excepting at the end of a couple of lines at the end of the song) where the end chord seems wrong.

You have to become a member to....wait...wonder if I can copy and paste????.......Darn E Chords! LOL

Argh, nope. Anyway the 'free key' is an easier key to play in and probably what you want anyway. The original key is 'B' and I can play through the song along with the original in this key.

They have up the key of 'A' for free (even though above it it say's 'B').

Here ya go. If you know the song well this shouldn't be hard.

https://www.e-chords.com/chords/bonnie-raitt/you

Looked it up and found an almost perfect version (excepting at the end of a couple of lines at the end of the song) where the end chord seems wrong.

You have to become a member to....wait...wonder if I can copy and paste????.......Darn E Chords! LOL

Argh, nope. Anyway the 'free key' is an easier key to play in and probably what you want anyway. The original key is 'B' and I can play through the song along with the original in this key.

They have up the key of 'A' for free (even though above it it say's 'B').

Here ya go. If you know the song well this shouldn't be hard.

https://www.e-chords.com/chords/bonnie-raitt/you

Thanks for the link.

Here is a tutorial video using the SmartChord app to upload, transpose, change the tuning (low G), change the instrument to a ukulele for the link you provided. It also shows some of the other cool features I'm discovering about this app.

Darn it all. This looks like a nice app. But seems to be only for android. I have a iPhone 6 and a PC no Mac. I think I need to get a Mac just for my music

Email the developer. Tell them you want it on iOS. Tell them you'll beta test for them too.

Thanks for the link.

Here is a tutorial video using the SmartChord app to upload, transpose, change the tuning (low G), change the instrument to a ukulele for the link you provided. It also shows some of the other cool features I'm discovering about this app.

Thanks for the video. I discover more about that app all the time.

Top Bottom