How to show pics inline and larger?

cyber3d

Reaction score
Is there a way to post pics inline rather than as attachments? I know it must have been asked before but I can't find the thread.

One way is to use an external hosting service like imgur.com and then link to it using the image button in the editor. Like this:

xkg67mx.jpg

I pay for unlimited hosting on my website and use it it to save all my UU photos. I really like being able to show images inline rather than a thumbnail.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini bass electric guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://.www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
Got it figured out! Thanks guys.

To display it inline one has to deselect the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" option when uploading the image URL.

_MG_7145.jpg

An additional advantage of linking to an external website is you can avoid the size limit UU imposes on uploaded images.

I used to use Photobucket, but they have suddenly started charging for allowing re-posts and all of the sites I have posted to from Photobucket now show a generic square.

Photobucket $$$.jpg

Last edited:
And that Jim is the advantage of not using an external photo site because once they all start charging for remote linking (they are and will) there are a bunch of useless boxes left for the future.

In order to post a picture on here there is no need to use any external site / service and no need to upload the picture to here.

Get the url of the picture.
Get the url of the desired picture by right clicking on it and selecting 'Copy image address'.

Put the picture into a post on here.
Put the following text where you want the image to go in your post :-
'
'

Do so without both the single quotes. Paste the url of the picture into where I indicate above.
This tends to work on any web forum.

Example result of the above instructions
f14752-20180406-ukulele-orchestra-of-great-britain.jpg

Last edited:
All that you need to do is get the url of the desired picture by right clicking on it and selecting 'copy image address'.
But that would only work for an image that is already on a web site, not if it's a photo by a member on their computer.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
There are numerous easy ways of getting it from a computer into a url format. My favourite (or favorite) is to use Google Drive which is easy and free, has been free for many years and there is no indication whatsoever of that ending.

Last edited:
Top Bottom