What is a good pickup for uke ?

LarryL

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new uke and I am thinking that I want to put a pickup in it...what brand, model would you recommend ?
Thanks for any suggestions.

I recently purchased a new uke and I am thinking that I want to put a pickup in it...what brand, model would you recommend ?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Your budget would determine a lot. The LR Baggs 5.0 is considered by most the best ukulele pick up out there. They are around $150.00 plus installation.

Your budget would determine a lot. The LR Baggs 5.0 is considered by most the best ukulele pick up out there. They are around $150.00 plus installation.
also depends on your amplifier. A good combination [for me] is my LR Baggs played through my Loudbox mini. very natural sounding.

also depends on your amplifier. A good combination [for me] is my LR Baggs played through my Loudbox mini. very natural sounding.

I plan to use one of my Rolland Cubes ...either the 30 or the small street Cube...I will have to do some experimenting... my new uke hasnt arrived and I havent decided which p/u to have installed...just trying to gather info to make a good decision.

Thanks guys for the replies.

Top Bottom