Thread: NUD: Timms

Default NUD: Timms

Had the good fortune to find a Timms Style O, and worked out a trade deal. Very sweet uke. Came with Worth BM strings, but I'm liking the CM set better. Still in the honeymoon stage, but so far, it is loud & clear, with great note separation, very well balanced, with bell tones. I love the ebony fretboard, it seems slicker than rosewood, and is very easy to slide around accurately.

Cheesy soundclip into smartphone: https://vault.myvzw.com/webcs/app/sh...ite/7YMW6hWjyF

12.jpg 11.jpg image2.jpg

image3.jpg image6.jpg
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 10-14-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    Ask NOT what your country can do for Uke...ask what Uke can do for your country.

It looks really nice and I anticipate that it will give you a lot of fun playing it. Getting a Timms here in the U.K. seems rather hard to do, well they sure seemed cheaper and easier to buy before the pound devalued. Interesting about the ebony fretboard, Iím wondering whether ebony will become more popular.

Not sure on the fretboard. This one was completed May 2017, and has the newer style W/B/W rosette.
    Ask NOT what your country can do for Uke...ask what Uke can do for your country.

Congratulations UC, these are awesome little ukes!
    All the best,
    Campbell

Hi, Ukecaster!

It looks very nice and sound is very good. This song is very familiar with me but I don't know the name of it. Which song is this? Your vocal is also very nice.
    Kamaka HF-1 100

Thanks. That song is Ain't She Sweet. I've only been uking since Feb, but that song seems to be a classic that many uke players know.

You lucky dog! That sure looks a lot like a Martin, to me. Does it sound like one? Congratulations!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    You lucky dog! That sure looks a lot like a Martin, to me. Does it sound like one? Congratulations!
    Yes, it's s replica of a Martin Style 0, and sounds like one IMO, without the vintage uke issues.

Thread Information