RIP Kitty Lux - 1957-2017

Nickie

Reaction score
I hope this isn't a re-post. I just read in Ukulele Magazine that Kitty Lux, co-founding member of the UOGB passed away in July. How did that get by me?
I'm glad I got to see her perform with them a few years ago. Godspeed Kitty. Now you're entertaining angels.

Last edited:
I hope this isn't a re-post. I just read in Ukulele Magazine that Kitty Lux, co-founding member of the UOGB passed away in July. How did that get by me?
I'm glad I got to see her perform with them a few years ago. Godspeed Kitty. Now you're entertaining angels.

I'm on the UOGB mailing list and got this:

Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain
A Concert for Kitty

UOGB.jpg

The Barbican
Main Hall
Friday 26 January 2018
8pm
Tickets £25 - 35*
*excludes £3 booking fee.
Concessions and 20% discount for group bookings available

Join the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain at a special concert at the Barbican, as we celebrate the life of our dear friend and founder member Kitty Lux, who sadly passed away this year.

From its inception in 1985, Kitty was a driving force behind the orchestra and key part of its style; she helped shape the orchestra from its outsider, art school, punk-rock-meets-jazz-and-early-music roots to its current status as an international institution.

The event will be a celebratory concert featuring lively toe-tapping, stomping tunes to dark, mordant ballads, with irony, wit and good humour. A show featuring the orchestra’s greatest hits as well as songs dear to, or sung by Kitty, with special guest appearances from friends and former members of the orchestra.

The Orchestra also invite you to play-along in a special musical tribute to Kitty, the details of which will be released soon. The Ukes have arranged for a 20% discount for group bookings of 10 or more to facilitate the many ukulele ensembles, orchestras and clubs that they have met or inspired over the years to join them for this special show.

The show also marks a return to the Barbican after more than 10 years – their week-long residency in 2005 was a significant moment for The Ukes. The DVD 'Anarchy in the Ukulele' was filmed during the run and has received millions of hits on Youtube, raising the profile of the band in both the UK and worldwide and helping them on their path to international acclaim.

The proceeds from this show will be used to set up an award in Kitty's name.

Tickets go on sale:

10am, Friday 13 October 2017

Telephone Booking: 020 7638 8891

For group bookings please contact: groups@barbican.org.uk

Barbican Website

Top Bottom