Season 296 - The Simpsons

Rocks Off

First song I thought of :)

Buggered up intro to v. 3, but no time for a re-take :)

David Byrne of Talking Heads appeared in an early season. Can't remember if I've ever done this for the seasons before but I did used to wrestle with it on guitar.

Season 296. Submission 2. "Happy Together" (Written by Garry Bonner and Alan Gordon (1966) and recorded by the Turtles)

This song was featured in multiple episodes of "The Simpsons" (such as "The Way We Weren't" and "Trilogy of Error"), as well as The Simpsons Movie (2007).

We,ve had Blue moon now Fly me to the moon recorded by Tony Bennet and many famous jazz artists

For better or worse Tom Petty brings out my inner rock and roller.

George Harrison wrote this (with Jeff Lynn) and recorded it for his album, "Cloud Nine."

Slowly coming out of my stupor and actually READING something...I finally saw that you folks are playing for my people. Thank you all, and thank you Mister and Missus Pavement for your generosity. We really appreciate it up here. Just kinda fell down the love funnel a bit- back to our regularly scheduled program.
You folks really are some of the best I know.
Dave

Don't think there's been any Elton John yet this Season, so this is my favorite EJ tune. This was a difficult challenge to attempt to kinda sorta pull off.

mick jagger and keith richards appeared on the show, so here's something by the stones

"heaven"

(making up the chords on this.............. and, um, making up a lot of the tune :uhoh: still, apart from all that it's spot on ;) NOT!)

Slowly coming out of my stupor and actually READING something...I finally saw that you folks are playing for my people. Thank you all, and thank you Mister and Missus Pavement for your generosity. We really appreciate it up here. Just kinda fell down the love funnel a bit- back to our regularly scheduled program.
You folks really are some of the best I know.
Dave

I couldn't think of any "prizes", and this seemed a better use of resources anyway.

We are up to 92 submissions and 91 songs (2 repeats and a double feature in one vid). Thanks again to everyone who has contributed a tune; this season has been a lot of fun for me and, I hope, you as well.

And if you've been watching and wondering whether now is a good time to dip your toe into the Seasons pond, the answer is definitely yes.

Here goes another...had to do it. Form my old buddy Silly Dave who did it many years ago now and made me laugh.

Had to be done. No apologies. Goes out to the Silly Dave (who is the silliest Dave) for doing it what seems like a life ago (season 27?). Still makes me smile

Had to be done. No apologies. Goes out to the Silly Dave (who is the silliest Dave) for doing it what seems like a life ago (season 27?). Still makes me smile

Yes. I sure miss it when Silly Dave doesn't show. A season doesn't seem complete without an SD video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom