Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 296 - The Simpsons

This is a video I had already from around six months ago, pretty poor quality video but it only my second effort at a video I think, anyway Willie Nelson apparently had a spot on a Simpsons episode in the year 2000 ..
    This is a fun song, On The Road Again. Hope you enjoy it ..

Here's one from James Brown. I don't particularly remember his cameo but he's on the list and had a cameo in pretty much everything.

It's also my anniversary today so it pretty much sums up my current mood.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Default Money Honey

Last edited by wee_ginga_yin; 10-16-2017 at 12:33 AM.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Any excuse to play something by Tom Waits

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

So agree Steve!
    More Tom Waits.

one of my favorite Beatles tunes

Hi Andy! What a very clever idea for the Seasons theme this week ... masses of possibilities (even if I haven't actually heard of all the artists!) Playing safe here; Bette Midler "appeared" in the fourth season of "The Simpsons" and she sang "The Glory of Love" in the 1988 film "Beaches". (Many thanks to Ukester Brown's website which included two extra verses for the song.)
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Beaver View Post
    This is a video I had already from around six months ago, pretty poor quality video but it only my second effort at a video I think, anyway Willie Nelson apparently had a spot on a Simpsons episode in the year 2000 ..
    This is a fun song, On The Road Again. Hope you enjoy it ..
    That fun came through Dean. Your birds reminded me of the original poster for Woodstock.

I’m going to include this because I neglected to state it in the season guidelines at the beginning of the thread, but in the future performances should be newly recorded for the Season, even if you have previously recorded them. My fault, and I’ve updated the original post.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Another one from Tom Waits.

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

I've always loved this classic Ramones song. I feel like I was doing an impression of The Martins here! Slapped this together quick. Very fun to play and sing, but hard work too!

Last edited by Recovering Bassist; 10-16-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Thread Information