Season 296 - The Simpsons

Yikes! The tripod I use to hold my phone broke. I may need to borrow some of TCK's duct tape!

Jackson Browne rarely went this dark, but he did here. And it's a fun song to play!

My whistler and my howler weren't working well tonight. Apologies to all you music lovers out there.

Nice jazzy chords in this one. The chord sheet I found was horribly incorrect, so I had to mostly figure it out by ear. So I probably didn't get them all right. Written by Michael Jackson, but not performed by him on the show. Because of weird contractual obligations, he was not allowed to sing, so they had to hire an impersonator to sing his part.

It's getting close to the end of my day here in California. We've had 29 songs in 28 vids (The Ukelites gave us a fantastic 2-for-1) from 15 Seasonistas. I'll make comments on YT. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far, but don't forget that there are still a few hours left in Geoff's colorful Season 295.

Hopefully everyone who has peeked in the thread will be able to find something for them. If you have been watching for a while and thinking about it, now is a perfectly cromulent Season to join us!

Paul & Linda McCartney stopped in for the episode, "Lisa the Vegetarian." Here's a Macca song from Flowers In The Dirt. I added a bit of electric piano in the mix.

This is a video I had already from around six months ago, pretty poor quality video but it only my second effort at a video I think, anyway Willie Nelson apparently had a spot on a Simpsons episode in the year 2000 ..
This is a fun song, On The Road Again. Hope you enjoy it ..

Last edited:
Here's one from James Brown. I don't particularly remember his cameo but he's on the list and had a cameo in pretty much everything.

It's also my anniversary today so it pretty much sums up my current mood.

Any excuse to play something by Tom Waits

Hi Andy! What a very clever idea for the Seasons theme this week ... masses of possibilities (even if I haven't actually heard of all the artists!) Playing safe here; Bette Midler "appeared" in the fourth season of "The Simpsons" and she sang "The Glory of Love" in the 1988 film "Beaches". (Many thanks to Ukester Brown's website which included two extra verses for the song.)

This is a video I had already from around six months ago, pretty poor quality video but it only my second effort at a video I think, anyway Willie Nelson apparently had a spot on a Simpsons episode in the year 2000 ..
This is a fun song, On The Road Again. Hope you enjoy it ..

That fun came through Dean. Your birds reminded me of the original poster for Woodstock.

I’m going to include this because I neglected to state it in the season guidelines at the beginning of the thread, but in the future performances should be newly recorded for the Season, even if you have previously recorded them. My fault, and I’ve updated the original post.

I've always loved this classic Ramones song. I feel like I was doing an impression of The Martins here! Slapped this together quick. Very fun to play and sing, but hard work too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom