Season 296 - The Simpsons

Have literally just been listening to your TOm Petty tribute show on The Song Stuck etc.... An awesome and fitting tribute, highly recommended to any forum users who like good music.

(Sorry for thread hijack Desert Pavement :))

Thanks for the endorsement! That show was certainly made with love. Cheers.

Third and (I think) final one for the day from me. U2 - Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Zooey Deschanel is half of the duo She and Him, for which she supplies lead vocals and occasionally some ukulele. I stopped watching the show a long time ago, so I'm really only familiar with the first several seasons, but apparently she appeared in one episode, so here's one of the first songs I ever tried to play on the ukulele.

Better Midler among everyone else recorded this. She had a big hit with it and it's often used for a song of hope. My interpretation of it is that society is blind to the world around them and needs to wake up and put a hand forward.

I spent the better part of today trying to get a decent recording for this one but the only usable take has the AC background noice. I tried to reduce it but alas it is still there.

Have literally just been listening to your TOm Petty tribute show on The Song Stuck etc.... An awesome and fitting tribute, highly recommended to any forum users who like good music.

(Sorry for thread hijack Desert Pavement :))

Part of the reason behind me deciding on this theme was the hope that people would play some Tom Petty. No apologies necessary.

Zooey Deschanel is half of the duo She and Him, for which she supplies lead vocals and occasionally some ukulele. I stopped watching the show a long time ago, so I'm really only familiar with the first several seasons, but apparently she appeared in one episode, so here's one of the first songs I ever tried to play on the ukulele.

I think this vid is set to 'Private' Alan.

So we end the Tuesday with another fantastic batch of songs. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far, I hope you are enjoying the Season as much as I am.

I've been so stressed and busy lately that I haven't felt like singing. I've been amusing myself with fingerpicking ditties instead. Here is one such. Sorry you only get the short version this week. The long one is a bit beyond me right now.

Jim sent me a message overnight saying he was surprised I hadn't done this one yet. So first thing I did when i got up was try to oblige. Mini-RABB wanted to join in too but, as usual, lost interest halfway through.

thanks for hosting this week Andy.
joo and i both adore Yo La Tengo.
they recorded this song on their super Fakebook LP.
we sat under our favourite tree today with our two new plastic ukuleles and played it too.

I hope you find something you like Geoff. My intention was for there to be a little for everyone, based on what I have seen people play over the last year or so that I have been participating.

That was the point I was trying to make. That when I looked at the list of artists there was plenty that I could go at. It'll likely be later in the week but I'm hoping to get something in. In fact I just had an idea.

Edit to add that Season 295 Wrap up video is now on the thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom