Season 296 - The Simpsons

I've always loved this Paul Anka song, so I figured this was the week to try it. Anka has already been represented this week though as he wrote the Tom Jones classic "She's a lady" that Rex sang.

Not his best known, but this is my favorite Willie Nelson song. Lots of other artists have recorded this one as well.

It was a very good beer

This sad song appear on the episode "Duffless" in season 4 of The Simpsons.
Nice and quick song, just one verse :)

Paul and Linda appeared in an episode according to the link in the intro post, so with that in mind, something from Paul that isn't The Beatles. ( I love The Beatles beyond measure, but post fabs, they made some pretty good music too :D ) I've been trying out this new, well to me anyway, Acapella app. The harmony isn't quite there, but it's there or thereabouts....

I needed some Ramones in my work day, so I snuck over to the library storage room and did a quick one take song from memory. (really quietly, or at least as quietly as you can sing the Ramones. The library also serves as a sort of hallway at our school so there are always people walking through) Like my VHS collection?

The Simpsons went to Iceland in 2013. So here is "Njósnavélin" (2002) by Sigur Rós. Tried to play a quite new uke arrangement by Helmut Bickel.

Not the best Tom Petty tribute by far, but I guess I should do my favorite TP song since I have the opportunity. P.S. I actually was born in Dixie on a Sunday morning. Palm Sunday morning.

Rarely do I redo a song or use the Thornton rule but I was so disappointed with the recording I used yesterday. I didn't think I would get another take done but I had some alone time today. Ive added photos to express my interpretation of this song.

This one goes out to everyone effected by either the hurricane's or the fires.

Fall weather finally arrived here! It was 90 on Monday and in the 50’s today. I snuck outside to enjoy the weather and to get away from the noise for a minute, but of course the noise (the kids) followed me out.

Here's one from the great Jackson Browne. This was my first full take of this, so a bit rough perhaps, but it felt good.

Top Bottom