Season 296 - The Simpsons

Aloha Seasonistas!
We had a Spinal Tap season a while back, and I see Alan did a lovely cover of Cups and Cakes. I have wanted to learn Gimme Some Money literally for years, but something about that progression "Do I have to come right flat out..." always tripped me up and I was unable to play the song.
Well I kept hammering away at it all week and I think I finally got it!
Cheers!

Invoking the Thornton Rule This is a song I pulled off a political board and probably should be on the Simpsons. I apologize for this, but it was the best I could do after breathing the smoke from the coast for the last week and it being Sunday and all.

As soon as I saw that the B-52s had appeared on the Simpsons, I knew I had to do my best to learn this one this week. (I grew up in Twin Falls, Idaho.) Here's how far along I got...

As soon as I saw that the B-52s had appeared on the Simpsons, I knew I had to do my best to learn this one this week. (I grew up in Twin Falls, Idaho.) Here's how far along I got...

WOW!
My thought, as I was watching this INCREDIBLE performance was something like this:

Hey, have you ever heard of the B-52's?
No?
That's a real shame. They are an amazing band.
I would love to be able to give you an idea of what they sound like, but all I have is an ukulele....

Nailed it!

:bowdown:

Season of the Ukulele #296 is officially closed. Thanks all for a wonderful week. I hope that you all enjoyed this season as much as I did. We had 128 videos. I’ll finish commenting and get a summary up tomorrow. Thanks everyone, and enjoy season 297!

Last edited:
Season of the Ukulele #296 is officially closed. Thanks all for a wonderful week. I hope that you all enjoyed this season as much as I did. We had 128 videos. I’ll finish commenting and get a summary up tomorrow. Thanks Gaian, and enjoy season 297!

Am I the only one wondering who or what Gaian is? :biglaugh:

I thought it was some new (or really old) religion I was unaware of.
I figured it out, no need to reply. :D

Thank you all again for an incredibly fun (for me at least) Season. I hope that there were enough possibilities for everyone to find something that they wanted to do. There were 128 videos of 127 songs from 39 Seaonistas.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Thanks Andy for running a great week and for supporting the fire relief. That is a meaningful prize!

Thanks for hosting Andy.
Season 296 seems like such a long time ago.
Enjoyed it and enjoyed learning a new song for the Season.
Cheers to all, Seasonistas and Listeners alike ..

Happy Ukeing :)

I couldn't help but notice that today's white supremacist rally was held in Shelbyville. This kind of thing is why Springfield hates them.

Top Bottom