2nd Annual North Bay Ukulele Festival / Benefit for North Bay Fire Victims

Michael Smith

Reaction score
Our North Bay Ukulele Festival has morphed into a benefit for the victims of the fires here in Wine County. Several of my friends lost their homes. There will be people performing who don't have a home to go back to. it's been pretty weird around these parts. Heroes, miraculous life saves, tragic deaths, looters and everything between. I was a firefigher when I was younger and never have seen anything like the way this fire came down a wide canyon an acted like a giant blow torch into a huge tract of homes, trailer park and businesses. People had only minutes to get out or die. There are still 60 people missing.

A day of ukulele can only help.

This was a pretty good event last year. It's held in a kind of night club setting. There is a bar, good food and hours and hours of ukuelel.

nbukefest-2017-webposter-8-5x11-9-16-17-v-3_orig.jpg

Last edited:
I will post on main forum. Good Idea, thanks Ken, Hope you can make it down.

We were on the other side of the mountain from the big fires over here on the coast and Monday was like something out of the day of doom. I think this is a great idea Michael. We are OK over here but seeing all the refugees is heart rending. The sad thing is that this thing isn't going to go away in days or weeks but months and years long after everybody has forgotten about it. Very sad.

Top Bottom