Brűko String Recommendations

Raffy

Reaction score
I've a Brűko slim arched back flame maple & walnut uke , fitted with the standard Pyramid Carbon strings they come with. It does have that " Brűko plonk" which is often mentioned in descriptions / reviews , I don't dislike it but would like to try different strings. I know string choice is a personal preference but would welcome any suggestions from those who have swapped them on their Brűko.
Thanks in advance, Tracy.

Thanks Ukecaster for the input , appreciate that maybe the first option ��

I tried Worth Browns, and yes I'd say they're an excellent choice. The only reason I stopped using them was the brown colour clashed with the black of my thin-bodied soprano.

I now only use Harley Benton clear strings from Thomann. They're a lot thinner than Pyramid, and I like the lower tension and more subtle feel that gives them. The very low price is good too! They take a while to bed in, but after a few days are very stable and dependable.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_valuestrings_ukulele_clear.htm

Well, I have a recomendation what not to use: nylguts. Unless you want your Bruko sound like a rockstar. A Bruko already barks quite a bit and the nylguts will make it roar :)

I'm thinking sweet fluorocarbon (Martin), or even good nylons (Daddario). Something to tame it down a bit.

Thank you for the link & various options jimavery members experience & input is really appreciated.Going to be a few string purchases over the weekend , a bit trial & error I think too see what works for me.

Thanks Rutger it definitely does "bark" & certainly needs taming down a tad.I'll invest in a few of the recommendations & see how it goes.

Thanks all for help.

Last edited:
Thanks jddewitt81 Worth Brown's is the general consensus , on order.

Top Bottom