Kala Ka-Be Baritone Neck Truss Rod???

Celticknits

Reaction score
Just got a new uke.
A Kala Baritone with a pickup (KA-BE).
I was installing strap buttons and when I looked at the neck, through the soundhole, I noticed a bolt similiar to a truss rod adjustment on a guitar.
Anybody know if this is an adjustment or just a bolt to secure the neck to the body?

Note: This uke plays like a dream and my only regret is that it came with a walnut fingerboard. I half expected that I may not have a choice regarding this what with endangered wood speicies and the EPA.
I can live with it.

Last edited:
At the price of these bari, I wouldn't think so - I don't think even my cedar top has one - no, just checked, no truss rod. :)

Regarding your comment on the price....$300.00 is not exactly the cheapest Baritone I could have got.
Have you ever seen a baritone uke with a neck bolt like this?
Thank you for the reply.

I have a Makala MK-B baritone, (the budget line of Kala) which in fact only cost me $83 from Austin Bazaar online, and it too, does INDEED have a truss rod.

See my post and photos here: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...kulele-makers-whats-hot&p=1776505#post1776505

So if this cheapo has a truss rod, it is not unthinkable for one of their slightly upper level ukes to have one too...

Thank you so much for posting this for me.
That is exactly what I was talking about on my Kala KA-BE.
Amazing that they do not advertise this fact.
I have looked at higher priced ukes and they DO NOT have truss rods.

Note: I tried posting my images using

Last edited:
Thank you so much for posting this for me.
That is exactly what I was talking about on my Kala KA-BE.
Amazing that they do not advertise this fact.
I have looked at higher priced ukes and they DO NOT have truss rods.

Note: I tried posting my images usin

Last edited:
I have the KALA solid mahogany baritone and it also has the bolt inside that I read online is a truss rod. I think HMS even had a video at one time showing how to adjust it.

Regarding Kala ukes and truss rods, pretty sure they all have them on the baritone models. Even the cheapest Makala baritone has one!

Yes, my Makala cheapie baritone has a truss rod - and I'm lucky it had one. Mine arrived with a bad back bow, causing bad fret buzz. Luckily it was there and I was able to adjust the back bow out to have just slight relief. Now it plays like a dream :)

Yep, Kala baritones have truss rods. I've adjusted the truss rod in my solid cedar top acacia baritone. :)

Top Bottom