Season 297 of the Ukulele- School days

Oh, I do :) You too! I used to have a parrot. Had her for 20 years and when she passed this place was just too quiet! Lol.
I can't wait for tomorrow morning as I just remembered the perfect song for the season that is on my ipod, whoo-hoo!

And now a call to all my friends- First, where is REX? No limits and he ain't here? FIND HIM gang.
Second. I can't figure this out...but I need it. So someone figure it out. Cool?

:biglaugh: What a tune! Has anyone ever known a swinger named Horace?

Thanks TCK.
The bird you hear in the background is my Budgerigar "Ike", he fancies himself as a bit of a singer :)
he's actually about 6 metres in the opposite direction of the mic, can't keep him out of it though, he's noisy but great for entertainment at home, three of them line up on top of their cage as my audience when I play for them. They didn't want to join me for the song video but they seem to really like this song, as I do also .. I had another verse and section for the song but my hand was cramping badly and it's difficult to concentrate with Ike screeching along in the background, really enjoyed learning it though and thanks again to you for the opportunity ..
It was good to see Mythinformed do a version too, I was hoping someone else would cover it, unfortunately my data is low so I can't watch many more videos just yet, I watched a few though, good show :)

What is it with this misering of internet bandwidth in he world? That is inhumane! I used to breed budgies in college (and lots of snakes). Now I play with these guys. Love me some birds! 2BDCC0DB-19FD-453F-AD90-B5671B2C28C6.jpg
Of course my stupid phone is posting Poppy and I upside down...sigh
Glad you played us a tune mate- great stuff

Last edited:
What is it with this misering of internet bandwidth in he world? That is inhumane! I used to breed budgies in college (and lots of snakes). Now I play with these guys. Love me some birds! View attachment 103861
Of course my stupid phone is posting Poppy and I upside down...sigh
Glad you played us a tune mate- great stuff

My Pleasure TCK .. well I'm upgrading my internet so it should improve for me soon , to be honest over the last few years I've stayed in some places where you don't even get Internet or phone reception , off the grid, so to speak, so its good to have, despite the downfalls, I hope it works better in future here and I'll hope to participate regularly .
My photos sometimes come out sideways or upside down too if I post them here too, don't know why. Nice Bird .. What type ?
This is my Budgies, Ike's first day home with me, he's the blue/mauve budgie, with Myrtle and Billy , they're young under a year still.
View attachment 103866
Cheers :)

Last edited:
They are beauts mate! Love little budgies. Poppy is a Red-tailed hawk. I volunteer at a rescue and she is an imprint bird. I handle 18 raptors there and teach other folks how to do the same. Fun stuff for sure. A5BF5D6C-453F-4AB0-9AE7-782F00ACAA05.jpg
This is one of Great horned owls...we kinda have a thing going here.

If a song about some kid trying to get laid ain't about high school I dunno what is. But if Not, this one's at least got some school references in it.

Aloha Dave,
As someone who actually (gasp!) ENJOYED school, and a fellow raptor lover (especially owls), and a California native, would you mind sending me a P.M. with your email address?
Or posting it here?
You see, there is a dive bar I frequent most Fridays and go listen to the most amazing live Hawaiian music. The band goes on real late. The regulars all sing Karaoke until the musicians arrive.
It is $1 a song.
So I figure, for each song I post here, and each song I sing this Friday, I would like to PayPal YOU $1 and you can stuff it in the piggy bank for the school.
The early part of this week got away from me a bit, but I got a couple ready to go and the week still has four days left.
Happy to contribute!
Cheers,
-Pueo (Which is the indigenous Hawaiian Owl for those who did not know)

'___'
(0.0)
/),,,)
" "

I always viewed school like It was a POW camp and it was my duty to escape at every given opportunity (and I eventually did at 15) I don't like any Institution that tries to keep me fenced in and gated. Anyways thought I 'd have a go at this Madness choon as It reminds me of my two pairs of school trousers, one pair was handed down by my eldest brother who was shorter than me and my other pair handed down by my other brother who was taller than me .........I spent most of my time adjusting my trousers either up or down in the playground !!

"I always viewed school like It was a POW camp and it was my duty to escape at every given opportunity (and I eventually did at 15) I don't like any Institution that tries to keep me fenced in and gated. Anyways thought I 'd have a go at this Madness choon as It reminds me of my two pairs of school trousers, one pair was handed down by my eldest brother who was shorter than me and my other pair handed down by my other brother who was taller than me .........I spent most of my time adjusting my trousers either up or down in the playground !!" (Mythinformed)

Well, I spent most of my time at senior school rolling up the waistband of my skirt, which, at the time, seemed far too long! (We actually used to have "skirt inspections", where we had to kneel down and the hem of our skirts had to touch the ground!) I feel your pain!

Last edited:
Oh, hi there. You may remember me from such Seasons of the Ukulele as #296. Thank you/wrap up video posted this morning. Thanks again to everyone who contributed or followed along.

Well, I spent most of my time at senior school rolling up the waistband of my skirt, which, at the time, seemed far too long! (We actually used to have "skirt inspections", where we had to kneel down and the hem of our skirts had to touch the ground!) I feel your pain!
Blimey was it a convent school Val?
We used to have a girl called Agnes in our class who actually used to volunteer her skirt to be Inspected by the boys.........I was easily distracted from lessons !! :eek:
I remember that anyone who walked from the headmasters office after a caning or the 'Adidas Sting' and managed not to cry as they were returned to class were made heroes amongst us . lol

Last edited:
I'm surprised nobody else has done this Chuck Berry classic yet this week, but then again this was not that easy to attempt.

Blimey was it a convent school Val?
We used to have a girl called Agnes in our class who actually used to volunteer her skirt to be Inspected by the boys.........I was easily distracted from lessons !! :eek:
I remember that anyone who walked from the headmasters office after a caning or the 'Adidas Sting' and managed not to cry as they were returned to class were made heroes amongst us . lol

No ... it was a grammar school for "gels" (not a boy in sight!) (All my friends who attended Convent Schools seem to have been damaged for life!) I don't think we were ever caned, but our headmistress could put the fear of God into us .... she was fiercely intelligent and had a false hand or a wooden leg - my memory may be playing tricks on me here, but she definitely had one or the other, if not both. She could freeze you at 1000 paces! We also got told off for sitting on the radiators ... never quite understood the significance of that!

Greetings,

I sure hope you are not sick of me yet, I never have submitted 4 vids in one week! But the cause has inspired me. For this vid I remembered how I was never picked in sports in gym, and thus the song came to me by Janis Ian. So, here it is....shortened version "At Seventeen" by Janis Ian.

Ciao

couldn't let the week pass without having a go at the title track.
try as I might though, I just couldn't make it feel right on the uke
so here is some Loudon on the git-fiddle for ya Lefty;
from the days when the dog's tail was still wagging.
do with it what you will my friend, just wanted you to hear it.

Looks like a light day (well, we had one Ukester go crazy :) )...so being a fool I am going to take another break my friends. Not that I don't want to be totally overwhelmed tomorrow, but moving an entire school has me overwhelmed today and I don't feel like these videos would get my total attention. Hoping you all understand. Going to decompress for a bit and try to get my head straight again.
I will be right where I belong tomorrow again.
Thank you my friends.

Top Bottom