Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 297 of the Ukulele- School days

I cannot resist to mention Tom Lehrer (Lehrer means teacher in German), a fabulous math prof and musical entertainer from the US. For covering, there's not only the problem of speaking pace ... but look by yourself, really playbacked by this guy, 'cause no vid exists from this song:
    New Math

Some kids take the bus to school, but when you go to magic school, you gots to take the train.

This song took very little effort, but it’s for the school. We just finished the first Harry Potter book and H wanted to do a Harry Potter song.

"Ah, Music. A Magic beyond all we do here!" - Albus Dumbledore.

TCK, I really wanted to do much more than this for you but Ive got another one of those weeks.

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

I got home, head swimming with ideas and with one cover in particular I wanted to do but i thought I'd get the easy one out the way first.

Turns out this isn't the easy one and I apologise to anyone in my age bracket whose childhood memories I might have just ruined.

The rest will have to wait till morning.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

And here's the second actually. Uploaded quicker than expected. Easier than I thought it would be too although I've simplified it massively.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Greetings,

Teaching is about children (and parents too) so this song came to mind. It's in a lower range so I had some vocal issues, but I think this take is ok.

Ciao

"Keep myself away, how am I gonna keep myself away from me" (Counting Crows)

Hey, TCK. Remember when I said I didn't have any videos for your cause? I just made this instrumental video and it'd taken me only this morning to do. Hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/vuY13HBQXXc

My grandfather worked as a school janitor when I was a little kid, but not in my school. I later learned from someone who did go to that school that if kids were misbehaving, all the teacher had to do was threaten to "call Mr. Peschke." I thought this was very funny. I never got in trouble with my grandfather, who I knew as "Papaw."

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Been wanting to learn this song for a while. Glad to find the time and be able to contribute something to your cause TCK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db7qspG29zw

in case anyone is not familiar with this song, it's very sweary so be warned!

olympia (rock star) by hole

Thread Information