Season 297 of the Ukulele- School days

joo wrote this sweet song after teaching an art class
with a group of young children a couple of years ago.
we recorded it today in a beautiful nature reserve
about 20 minutes walk from our house.
hope you like it everyone.

Had to be involved in this worthy cause so I didn't mind making a tit of myself with this rough one. (my laptop keeps freezing so no auto scroll so I've repeated the first verse)
Good on ya for doing your bit for your community. Cheers

What's "auto scroll"?????????
SOme sites that have chords will allow you to put on auto-scroll you can set the rate to fast or slow and the page will scroll accordinly allowing you to play the tune from beginning to end.

What did I learn in school today. (how to play a a chord scale in C)
All credit to AG from UU :)

Thank you, Rob! (Sorry to be so mentally defective in these areas.)

I get pretty much all my chords on Ultimate Guitar and the auto-scroll feature is pretty useful for songs where I don't know the lyrics by heart.

Quite often my videos will involved me playing the riff an extra 10 times to get the next verse to catch up though!

Thank you, Rob! (Sorry to be so mentally defective in these areas.)
If you search a song by aunt Google, often tabs.ultimate-guitar.com has it, I assume you know. There you can change by +/- the key, and, if you havent't detected it, also autoscroll is possible, speed adaptable.
My old laptops, which I equipped with Linux Mint, also offer autoscroll in PDF-files.

I cannot resist to mention Tom Lehrer (Lehrer means teacher in German), a fabulous math prof and musical entertainer from the US. For covering, there's not only the problem of speaking pace ... but look by yourself, really playbacked by this guy, 'cause no vid exists from this song:
New Math

Some kids take the bus to school, but when you go to magic school, you gots to take the train.

This song took very little effort, but it’s for the school. We just finished the first Harry Potter book and H wanted to do a Harry Potter song.

TCK, I really wanted to do much more than this for you but Ive got another one of those weeks.

I got home, head swimming with ideas and with one cover in particular I wanted to do but i thought I'd get the easy one out the way first.

Turns out this isn't the easy one and I apologise to anyone in my age bracket whose childhood memories I might have just ruined.

The rest will have to wait till morning.

And here's the second actually. Uploaded quicker than expected. Easier than I thought it would be too although I've simplified it massively.

Greetings,

Teaching is about children (and parents too) so this song came to mind. It's in a lower range so I had some vocal issues, but I think this take is ok.

Ciao

My grandfather worked as a school janitor when I was a little kid, but not in my school. I later learned from someone who did go to that school that if kids were misbehaving, all the teacher had to do was threaten to "call Mr. Peschke." I thought this was very funny. I never got in trouble with my grandfather, who I knew as "Papaw."

Top Bottom