Season 297 of the Ukulele- School days

TCK

Reaction score
Hello fellow ukers, no video for this week (because no one wants to have to watch me more than they have to watch me), but I have a request for you fine folks.
Little background. Sure you have all seen on the news what is happening here in Sonoma County and surrounding areas- none of it is really good. Personally, the fires have greatly impacted the area where a place I love dearly is located. My school sustained partial damage, but the area was so badly affected it is still off limits, and that weighs heavily on me. I want to be at work, I want to be around my kiddos, and I want to be teaching, but that reality is still a ways off. Might as well make the most of the situation and at least have my friends entertain me with songs about SCHOOL.
Any genre, any song, as long as it is at least in part about school. Liking school, studying, walking to school...being hot for teacher, not needing no education, parts of a school (Cafeteria, gym, library), Principals office (I thought that was my own personal classroom as a child)-anything goes.
Uke front and center.
Don't start singin until you hear the school-bell ringin'
NO LIMITS. New songs only.
My school community has been the best place I have ever known, and I have looked forward to being there every day of my 20 years. It is going to take some help to rebuild, and I want to be part of that SO, because I would hate to choose among you who the winner is, $1 for every song to Saint Rose Catholic School.
The seasons have really been a bit of bright light for me lately...well for years, but I was sure glad it was here this last 12 days. Thanks gang.

Playlist can be found here

Last edited:
$1 for every song to Saint Rose Catholic School.
The seasons have really been a bit of bright light for me lately...well for years, but I was sure glad it was here this last 12 days. Thanks gang.

Well, get ready for a bunch of horrible one takes from me, 'cause this week it's getting $ into helping your school, so you're gonna get sick of me.
Great theme mate.

Yeah, let's do it for the kids!

I love the idea and the sentiment.

Aw man. Ben Folds Five songs are really really hard to play!

So many ideas are going through my head! This will be a fun season, and it’s going to a great cause.

Really sorry to hear about your school, Dave! Great idea for the week, though .... hope it earns lots of dollars for the funds!

Thanks Gang! Got some really good news tonight. We have a first day back and we have things moving in the direction I need them to move in. This Phoenix will rise, and be better than ever...and your songs will mean the world to me, but you already know that. Much love. Play your guts out folks. Quick and dirty is what we like around here ;)- no need to polish those videos up.

"And I thought about how many people have loved those songs. And how many people got through a lot of bad times because of those songs. And how many people enjoyed good times with those songs. And how much those songs really mean. I think it would be great to have written one of those songs. I bet if I wrote one of them, I would be very proud. I hope the people who wrote those songs are happy. I hope they feel it's enough. I really do because they've made me happy. And I'm only one person.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Last edited:
I might struggle to get a song in this week but this is such a good cause and fabulous theme I will do my best.

Sorry to read about fires and yr school, i dont have a tv for a few years now so dont know a lot about what goes in in the world these days. My internet is off for the pc, low on my mobile, so im finding very difficult to participate currently, but ill see how it goes during the week, might be able to get a song done, or not. Either way, hope you have a good week ahead and better prospects ...

School of Rock is the best school/coming of age/music appreciation film ever. No arguments.

Of course in Australia, we would say "I Love You Full Stop", but it wouldn't work in this song...

Season 297. Submission 1. "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" (Written by Hal David and Burt Bacharach, 1968. Seminal recording by Dionne Warwick)

TCK, here's one from the School Of Hard Knocks about learning hard lessons.

Thank you for hosting, TCK. (And really hope you get back to school soon. This summer after I had the gall bladder surgery, I returned to teaching within one week. I couldn't stand the idea of a sub in my classes... let alone classes not meeting. Believe me, I've got my fingers crossed for you and the kids.)

Last edited:
Greetings,

Great theme and worthy cause. I missed last week due as I was out of town without my uke. But hoping to put up a song or two for your school.

Ciao

Here's one from The Clash. It was written by Mick Jones about his school chum Robin Crocker, who, when he left school, made a poor career choice - bank robber.

Warning, for small and/or sensitive ears - this may contain strong language. No, it definitely DOES contain strong language.

Top Bottom