Season 297 of the Ukulele- School days

an old song with some new verses
if y'all learnt your 5x tables sing along!

This had to be done. All acoustic, but lots of multi & effects - and a tamborine.

Aaaannnnndddd- I'm back. Long day today and I am sore and tired, and a little upset because we got to see neighborhoods that have been closed since the ninth...but I am being rejuvenated and inspired by you fine people and the sounds you make. Thanks for another 2 days of wonderful.
Harry122- School Days Over- This is one a don't know. Great little tune here my friend, thank you for the introduction! Funny to see ya doing one that is melancholy, but it totally works. Excellent bring.

Wee- Don't Laugh At Me. What a fantastic one to bring. Love this song mate, and you had a great go at it here my friend- thanks for playing it for us.

Dean Beave
r- I Don't Like Mondays. I have been waiting for this one, and here it is! Such an important school song, and this is really a great version of it mate. What kind of bird is that? Bit of a bird guy m'self ;)

Two little Woodpeckers- Darryl and Jaden and Leia and Ken. This is a delight guys. Just oozes the charm I am to expect when I see you both making a song, Fantastic bring- made me smile from ear to ear.

Mythinformed- I don't like Mondays. I see no reason why this song shouldn't be here a thousand times, such a good one and so happy to get to watch it twice today! Fantastic rendition, excellent choice.

Ukuleledaddy- One and one make Two. BEST BIRTHDAY PARTY EVER!!!! Wish I was there, because this is getting old around here fast. This made me smile until my face hurt. Thanks Mate (and ladies...) Happy Birthday Pepsi!

Wee- What did you learn in school today. This is AWESOME. We all get a little tutorial on making sounds. Lovely job Rob! I love learning new tricks.

Off to watch a few more!

Here's one by my all time favorite bluegrass group, Jim and Jesse. On this song one brother sings the first half the the verses normal, and the other the 2nd half of the verses an octave higher. I tried to do both here. This is a heck of a song I think.

Another great round of tunes! Loving the F-bombs at the end after starting with the adorable tiny Martin. Smiling ear to ear gang!
Ehlmann- Love me some Tom Lehrer! My chemistry students will often do “The Element Song” for extra credit- At least a handful of them every year, Always makes me smile.

Ukulelelibrarian- Platform 9 3/4. I will indeed have a nice day! I have not read the books, but I reckon I need to. I sure do love a train song, almost as much as a kid having a ball singing a song. This was great fellas.

Lelouden- Qwerty Song. Great little tune here Linda, thank you for playing it. Wish you were here more, but I will take whatever you can bring us. This is fantastic...I have no idea how you got those lyrics out so fast ;)

RAB11- Teenage Dirtbag. One I don't know..though I was definitely a teenage dirtbag. Real fine tune here mate- very well done, AND there is a MAIDEN reference! :)
And Jeremy. And a tough one at that. Fantastic version here of a classic. Only missing the background noise- must be nap-time

Gina's uke- Teach Your Children. I love this song- very nice bring here Gina! One of my favorite games is to sneak random people into our family wall and see how long it takes Melissa to notice. Think I will do one tonight :). Nicely done!

Aspieman456- The Alphabet Song. Beautifully done mate, and I think this one is one I won't forget. You were very forthright about creativity and playing a song this week and here you are with this gem. Very special. Thank you. Wish I could finger pick like that- I really appreciate you playing this for us.

AlanDP- The Janitor Knows. What a great song! My fondest memory of elementary school was Dario, our janitor. Whenever we needed anything, we just found Dario and asked him. He would smile and make it happen. Patched balls, I forgot my pencil, my pants split...Man took care of us always. In any event- loved your story and the song you played for us. Brought me right back to being six and admiring the guy in the boiler room at the back of the school.

Mezcalero- Working Class Hero. Stunning version of this song, well played and sang mate. Love that both types of "class" made it to the season. Excellent bring for sure. Does not shine a very forgiving light on school, but I get that this is reality for many.

BEV- Olympia. YES! Another gem right here that had be on the playlist. Excellent choice YEAH YEAH YEAH! Thanks for playing it for us.

Off to watch a few more! Keep them coming my friends.

Oh..Hey...You folks again. Another round of songs for my kids...I am very quickly learning not to miss a day of watching, loving the enthusiasm here gang.
My first season had 18 entries....so this is just wonderful.
Theonlyukethatmatters- **** School. I had an idea that was the one you were going to tackle! Laughing loudly, this is fantastic. I had the same relationship with High School. Excellent choice mate.

Bonesigh- At Seventeen. First one in 20 minutes with no F-bombs. Excellent selection for the week! Was totally off the radar until I saw the title and all the words went through my head...So I am playing along. Wonderful stuff Janet.

Harry122- School Days. What a charming little tune here. Well played and sung, and taking me way back to my mom singing this to us when we tiny. I LOVE the monkeys too. What a great song here-thanks mate.

Pa- WHAT A BEAUT! Love all those tiny kid voices knocking this out.

RAB11-No One Cool Ever Came From Hufflepuff. Man, I really appreciate your enthusiasm this week, and this is no exception. A Jim Persky Original! Love it. This is great- off to find Jim's again because I remember when he did it.

Berni- Kings of the School. SO glad you made it mate. Another sad one about school..which was miserable for so many of us I reckon. Fortunately it turned us into Ukulele wielding defenders of the kids that don't quite fit in ;)

Wee- I was waiting for this one, never expected it would be in this incarnation, but this is absolutely wonderful my friend! Sense Pete Seeger would love it this way as well.

Limousinlil- Beauty School Drop Out. You have an allotment of internet usage? What kind of savages run the internet over there? I wish we were getting more from ya, but I thank you for what you have brought us. Especially this because it is on my uke ;) Excellent stuff. So surprised it took until Wednesday for it to get here- Kind of an iconic song in the US.

Redpaul101- Teacher I Need You. Excellent song here mate- one I had not even thought of (another one)...That is the real joy of the seasons. Well that and we are all playing our ukes and having fun. Wonderful bring mate.

JimAvery- Slipping Through My Fingers and When I Kissed The Teacher. Can't wait to show this to Melissa. I am pretty sure she is the biggest ABBA fan in the world. You have done a wonderful job on these, and they are not the easiest translation to the uke. Thanks for bringing them, that's $2 in the bucket right there.

Ukuleledaddy-Story Of My Life. Who LOVES Uke Punk? This Guy! Been waiting for this one and I grabbed my uke for a singalong mate. Great stuff!

Kolibri- Lord Anthony. Don't know the original of this, but your version is haunting and really really fantastic. I assure you my school is far happier than the picture painted here- Thanks for introducing me to this one.

BigDaddyUker- Where I learned To Pray. I had totally forgotten this one! Fantastic take right here, very well executed mate. Perfect bring.

Gina's Uke- Stacey's Mom. Did she...she did. And she pulled it off! Loving this one right here Gina. Excellent stuff, big smiles here.

And I got 'em all! Make sure that if I have commented on what you have brought...I also added you to the playlist. Thanks for the songs my friends, I will see you all tomorrow!
Two Little Woodpeckers- Twistification. YES! Love everything about this. The setting, the playing (because I love the way you lay down a traditional tune), the palstic (Mel and I have a pair as well)...all of it is just sweet as guys. Thanks for bringing it.

Harry122- Another one I thought would be here day one, but I am sure glad it is now. Stupendous Randy. Smiling until it hurts my friend.

Bonesigh- John Deere Green. I don't know this one, but I like what you did with it. Real toe-tapper here, thanks for bringing it along- Loving the accent, goes perfect with the song ;)

Ukulelelibrarian- Doing Time. How you are not laughing while the tiny Martin does her dance routine is beyond me...because she is cracking me up. Fantastic stuff mate, great playing at breakneck speed- perfect!

Recovering Bassist- Cotton Mill Man. Love me some Jim and Jesse. What a great song here- thanks for bringing it along and executing it perfectly. Another $1 for the kids, thanks for all these tunes mate.

And now a call to all my friends- First, where is REX? No limits and he ain't here? FIND HIM gang.
Second. I can't figure this out...but I need it. So someone figure it out. Cool?

Thanks TCK.
The bird you hear in the background is my Budgerigar "Ike", he fancies himself as a bit of a singer :)
he's actually about 6 metres in the opposite direction of the mic, can't keep him out of it though, he's noisy but great for entertainment at home, three of them line up on top of their cage as my audience when I play for them. They didn't want to join me for the song video but they seem to really like this song, as I do also .. I had another verse and section for the song but my hand was cramping badly and it's difficult to concentrate with Ike screeching along in the background, really enjoyed learning it though and thanks again to you for the opportunity ..
It was good to see Mythinformed do a version too, I was hoping someone else would cover it, unfortunately my data is low so I can't watch many more videos just yet, I watched a few though, good show :)

Dean Beaver...........you can almost always here my parakeets in the background as well :)

Ah, you have Budgies too ?!! I read they are popular in the UK and US also, they are native here but they exist in the wild only around the central outback , inland .. They are funny little characters .. Enjoy and love them :)

Happy Ukeing :)

Top Bottom