Season 297 of the Ukulele- School days

Sounds like some of your kids have had a rough time Dave.
Sure sending some positive thoughts your way and theirs.

Sometimes the world is not kid friendly ...

paoriginal

Slightly out of tune soprano? Check.
Slightly ballsing up the lyrics? Check.
Relevance to school? Check.
Wanted to get something, anything in for your season TCK. Been away and had probs with broadband. Anyway, I’m a sucker for 70s Soul music, and the Chi-lites produced some fantastic soulful pop back then. I have no idea who wrote this, but I will find out ......

Here's one I do with the kiddies!

Janet- you have destroyed my record. Thanks for the enthusiasm. Saw a parent today, she asked “did you get all your pets out?” I was able to smile and tell her that after five days I went in and got them at 1 am with a friend wh is a cop.
“We lost all ours.”
Dammit.
I can’t make that go away...but I can spread some love, and you and everyone else is making me feel like doing so in a huge way.
I have to ask. Does anyone have an old acoustic guitar laying around? James was learning and always so excited to share his progress. I need to find him a guitar and I figure it does not hurt to ask.
Thanks folks.
Dave

Haven't touched mine in YEARS! I'll get it to you.

I had a request from my fellow Kiss fan Sean.

YES! I wanted to do this one so bad but couldn't figure it out. I knew you'd hit this one out of the ballpark (baseball reference ;)
Thanks Rex. I'm gonna watch this a million times.

Janet- you have destroyed my record. Thanks for the enthusiasm. Saw a parent today, she asked “did you get all your pets out?” I was able to smile and tell her that after five days I went in and got them at 1 am with a friend wh is a cop.
“We lost all ours.”
Dammit.
I can’t make that go away...but I can spread some love, and you and everyone else is making me feel like doing so in a huge way.
I have to ask. Does anyone have an old acoustic guitar laying around? James was learning and always so excited to share his progress. I need to find him a guitar and I figure it does not hurt to ask.
Thanks folks.
Dave

Oh, sorry about that! Want to help the families. I used to live there in a home just 15 mins from town into the east hills of Napa. My sister in law had to go and get her parents. Luckily their home survived. I have an old guitar too but it needs some fixin'. I believe you have a better offer coming your way :)

I can't even imagine loosing all my pets and my home. I would be devastated beyond reason!

Haven't got any time left to do this one

Code:
SCHOOL DAYS - written and performed by Chuck Berry

Intro D+
                             G
Up in the mornin' and off to school, The teacher is teachin' the golden rule
                               C
American hist'ry and practical math
                                   G
You're study'in hard, 'n hopin' to pass
                                       D
Workin' your fingers right down to the bone
D7                                       G
And the guy behind you won't leave you alone

Verse 2:
                    G
Ring ring, goes the bell, The cook in the lunchroom's ready to sell
                               C
You're lucky if you can find a seat
                                     G
You're fortunate if you have time to eat
                                 D
Back in the classroom, open your books
D7                                            G
Gee, but the teacher don't know how mean she looks

Verse 3:
                          G
Soon as 3 o'clock rolls around, You finally lay your burden down
                                     C
Close up your books, get out of your seat
                            G
Down the halls and into the street
                                    D
Up through the corner and round the bend
D7                             G
Right to the juke joint you go in

Verse 4:
                             G
Drop the coin right into the slot, You gotta hear somethin' that's really hot
                                      C
With the one you love you're makin' romance
                                    G
All day long you've been wantin' to dance
                               D
Feelin' the music from head to toe
D7                            G
Round and round and round you go

(instrumental, same pattern as verses)

(repeat verse 4)

Verse 5:
                     G
Hail, hail, rock 'n' roll! Deliver me from the days of old
                   C
Long live rock 'n' roll
                               G
The beat of the drums loud and bold
                     D
Rock, rock, rock 'n' roll
D7                             G
The feelin' is there, body and soul

I did this one this week.

Another song written years ago for my cartoon website. I had a Elementary school punk band called the Time Out kids and this was one of their songs.

Bowie wrote this when his son Duncan was born. I love the sentiment in this song, it's kind of saying "Sorry son, you've been born to pretty Wierd parents so you may as well get used to it". :D

I just remembered this afternoon that in 2008, I played in a ukulele show in Worcester, Mass. One of the other acts was a couple who played just punk rock songs about school. They were apparently big on the middle school circuit, and my daughter was just the right age to best appreciate them. And for the life of me, I can't remember their name to see if they have any songs on YouTube. I think it was something like Cafeteria Freakout. But I think I think wrong, because I'm not finding anything.

I'm writing songs for an album I'm calling Let Us Now Praise Famous Dogs. When this Season was announced I thought of all the news stories about kids whose service dogs get a yearbook photo. This is a composite Yearbook Service Dog, since most of the kids in this situation are private citizens.

This is my last entry for this week. I've had a lot of fun trying out some rockabilly tunes this week! I also took the sopranino challenge on this one, and it indeed was a challenge. Lol

My final video - warts and all. I’m at a fishing cabin and I’m having to go from memory.

I just remembered this afternoon that in 2008, I played in a ukulele show in Worcester, Mass. One of the other acts was a couple who played just punk rock songs about school. They were apparently big on the middle school circuit, and my daughter was just the right age to best appreciate them. And for the life of me, I can't remember their name to see if they have any songs on YouTube. I think it was something like Cafeteria Freakout. But I think I think wrong, because I'm not finding anything.

Boy, did I remember wrong. The band's name was School Safety Patrol. The thing about the cafeteria was probably one of their songs. Anyway, those songs don't seem to be on YouTube and their CDs aren't on iTunes, so I won't be doing one for this Season. :(

Late to the Season (as usual). But I sure didn't want to miss your Season TCK. It's for such a good cause. Good luck to you and your students as you all recover from the fires. I was a school librarian in Big Lake when a fire raged out of control on the last day of school (in 1996- the Miller's Reach fire). Although our school was safe many of our students lost their homes. My heart goes out to all in California who are dealing with this tragedy. And this vid goes out to you sir, with love.

And I am gonna do it again, and beg for your patience my friends. Just got back from an ukulele fire benefit and I have to say, Melissa and I rocked under our latest band name...one that most embodies the spirit of the Uke...Punch your Neighbor (long story but introducing ourselves as that got some of the best reactions I have ever seen), and we are both dead tired. I am here- I know you are playing your hearts out for me, and I will have comments for all after a shower and some sleep.
It ain’t over yet so keep them coming! We have hit over 100, but I know you guys have more in you. Thanks gang.

Top Bottom