Season 297 of the Ukulele- School days

Greetings,

On a Sunday afternoon, just me and the Jeep felt like this song belonged to the season and to suburban New Jersey. Of course, schools and universities are mentioned. :)

Ciao

This is a great theme TCK. Funny this is the first song I thought of. It was played at every football game.

This kid will put a huge smile on your face I promise!

I don't know if this is the kind of thing you're looking for, but it does start in school, although it progresses from there.

One of the best parts about being a teacher is throwing problem out to a class, always expecting a set of conclusions...and getting back a bunch of thinks you had not thought of.
What a great set of songs I got to listen to tonight!
Rambling, fawning...appreciating and smiling.
Limousin Lil- What a Wonderful World. My goodness you need to teach me how to that picking thing. Excellent and requisite- perfect choice Val!

Pabrizzer- Stick the Homework Up Your Ass, You will be happy to know that I am an opponent of homework, and a proponent of kids being outside after school. Figure I did not want to do it when I was a kid ;) Finally after 20 years in schools the tide is turning this way. Fun little ditty here Pa!

Tippytoetopi- Me and Julio Playing along- one of my all time favorite songs of all time to play! Excellent rendition here for sure, thanks for bringing it along ;)

UkuleleDaddy- Alphabutt. Lets just make a pact. If this fits in any season, we do it? You in? I knew you would trot this out and I am laughing from the gut here- thanks for bringing it along again mate ;)

Punk Rock Academy. Quick and dirty, just what we like here- Happy Birthday Eileen! How does one find a song by a band named "Adam and his package?" I love this one mate, and so way off my radar it is hard to believe it really exists- Excellent stuff here mate.

Recovering Bassist- Centerfold. I am sure of a few things. One- this is the FIRST time this song has ever been played on an ukulele so well. Two- this is the most fun I have ever seen someone playing the uke, and Three-this will not be the last time I watch this- what a hoot. TOTALLY forgot this song was about school, EXCELLENT bring mate- just outstanding.

Gina's Uke- Little Boxes. I had forgotten that this mentioned schools...Love me some Malvina. Perfect rendition here, thanks for bringing it for us!

Harry 122- Bear In a Ladies Boudoir- First Season I ever judged was 16, and it was Ukulele Ike hosted by Mr. Eugene Ukulele. Just a little history of the region. This is one of my all time favorite songs ever, and you brought the heck out of my friend. Mr. Jiminy is smiling in heaven for sure, thanks for playing this for us mate,

Linda- That kid made my head explode! So awesome!!!!

UkuleleLibrarian- Sadie Hawkins Dance. What a great song! No, I think you are first with it and what a gem it is my friend- Can't believe you got through it without a stumble- that is a lot of words and Oh Oh's...and tiny Martins, and yet you got it all out. Just wonderful. Huge smile here mate. Love the sweater.

AlanDP- Love at 11 Years Old. It starts in a school...that makes it perfect mate, as does the execution, and of course the depth. Not a song everyone is gonna come up with and that is just what I like. Very well done mate.

Keep them coming gang!

Figured I would join in the fun. Little unreleased Hank Williams. Figured I would try to find something I could safely say no one was working on...and I think this is it. Pretty sure I know why it was not released...

Another dollar in the pot, courtesy of this minor hit from Rockpile

Hmmm!!!! (Well, apparently that wasn't long enough, but you know what I mean!) And was your Daddy REALLY a bank robber????
Some of our parents were police, some were thieves. I think Paul is kidding though...he was raised in a safe European home. His dad was a Junco Partner ;)
I would have to ask theonlyulethatmatters to be sure.
Fun little riddle for the morning...

Hey gang- back to work today for the first second time since 10/9. Meetings meetings and more meetings...hoping for the best of our new arrangement. I will be watching at lunch, but I like to do my commenting from my my desktop, not my phone so you will hear from me this evening. Off for a couple joe and to watch a few videos ;)

Last edited:
Hmmm!!!! (Well, apparently that wasn't long enough, but you know what I mean!) And was your Daddy REALLY a bank robber????

Some of our parents were police, some were thieves. I think Paul is kidding though...he was raised in a safe European home. His dad was a Junco Partner ;)
I would have to ask theonlyulethatmatters to be sure.
Fun little riddle for the morning...

Hahaha! Steve covered 'Stay Free' - I commented "I'd wish I'd thought of that!" (meaning put it in my list for my Sunday session). He came back with this:
What - doing this song or robbing a bank?

And I came up with that snappy reply - 24 hours too late! :rofl:

And now I've gone all posh! Eton College is the most famous Public School in England ( an English "public" school, being the equivalent of an American "private" school.) The Eton Boating Song is not actually the Eton school song, but is sung on the 4th June Holiday, when the College celebrates the birthday of King George III; although the Fourth of June celebrations now never fall on that day ... that's the English for you!

Last edited:
When I read on sunday morning that the topic was "School" I knew exactly which song to record.
I asked Laura if she wanted to sing it.
She did not know the song!!!
But she sung it anyway ;)
Here's Supertramp's School:

Top Bottom