Song Help Request Police every breath you take riff

dasniper14

Reaction score
does anyone have the tab for the riff? Been trying to figure it out for years and can only get the first part 2-3-2-2...any ideas?

thanks in advance

Maybe ask this guy? :)

I don't use FB so I cannot confirm, but I think he posts the chords or tablature to his page.

That's a great video - thanks for sharing that WifeOnFourStrings! :)

I have played this on guitar and also in fifths tuning. It is MUCH easier in fifths tuning.

On ukulele, I ALSO have a version that has the main riff of the intro and verse but have not transcribed it yet. I'll try to make and share a video demonstrating it if I have time. My version is in a different key from the recording on the Album (Synchronicity) but most of it is movable chord shapes so should be easy to transpose if you went/need to.

I prefer to learn things auditorily and not via tab and make sure it's burned into memory, as well as make it my own flavor, so for cover songs, I rarely document the arrangements in any way other than recording them, either audio or video.

I've been wanting to figure out the bridge part, but lack the time currently.

On the Synchronicity record, the intro and verse based upon the chord progression of G / Em / C / D, and uses the arpeggio pattern that we are all familiar with, but on a re-entrant uke, if trying to play WITHOUT chord melody as per the video above, it requires the use of the G string more in my version.

In CGDA fifths tuning, while changing the key, the chords I play would be C / Am / F / G (OMG like maybe a trillion other songs, i.e., the "50's chords")...

Top Bottom