Set Up Guide?

ash13brook

Reaction score
Is there a set up guide "stickied" somewhere? Something that tells where to start and has steps that go through to the end. I don't want something that says " you could check this or maybe try checking that..."
I want to do a basic set up on my two inexpensive ukes. Neither are bad, but seem like the action could be better. Also, it would be a good learning experience.

Thanks,
Matt

Is there a guide or sticky , I have no idea , but I have set up a couple ukes. I don't know If you tried but if you do a search on this site you will find find lots of info. You could go to FRETS.COM
and find more info . You should learn to do it , it is very easy . I recomend using feeler gauges and a torch cleaner , very cheap and works well if you are just adjusting the slot.
The welding torch cleaner can be found at a hardware store for about 5 bucks . I have no idea if there is a guide so you may have to do a little research yourself.

I have the torch cleaner and feeler gauge.
So, it sorta looks like a fret leveling should be first regardless of anything else I might need.
Then, adjust the action at the 12th. Then, the nut. That's all I would do anyway.
That sound about right?

Thanks,
Matt

Top Bottom