Thread: Set Up Guide?

Default Set Up Guide?

Is there a set up guide "stickied" somewhere? Something that tells where to start and has steps that go through to the end. I don't want something that says " you could check this or maybe try checking that..."
    I want to do a basic set up on my two inexpensive ukes. Neither are bad, but seem like the action could be better. Also, it would be a good learning experience.

Thanks,
    Matt

These people are experts.

Last edited by Croaky Keith; 10-24-2017 at 04:40 AM.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.
    Formerly known as uke1950.

Is there a guide or sticky , I have no idea , but I have set up a couple ukes. I don't know If you tried but if you do a search on this site you will find find lots of info. You could go to FRETS.COM
    and find more info . You should learn to do it , it is very easy . I recomend using feeler gauges and a torch cleaner , very cheap and works well if you are just adjusting the slot.
    The welding torch cleaner can be found at a hardware store for about 5 bucks . I have no idea if there is a guide so you may have to do a little research yourself.
    " Anything larger than a soprano is cheating "
    " I'm no luthier but ,........"

I have the torch cleaner and feeler gauge.
    So, it sorta looks like a fret leveling should be first regardless of anything else I might need.
    Then, adjust the action at the 12th. Then, the nut. That's all I would do anyway.
    That sound about right?

Thanks,
    Matt

Thread Information