NUD - Ohana CK-28 Nunes...

UkerDanno

Reaction score
Actually, I got this a week ago from a fellow UU member. But, finally got around to changing strings and cleaning it up with a little lemon oil. I got it with a Fremont blackline high G and the rest, she said were Oasis, it sounded fine, but I just had to change them, so I had an extra set of Martins laying around and they sounded great on my old mahogany Martin, so thought I'd try them. They sound great, even though they're not settled in completely, with a ringing high G sound I like.

I had an SK-28 before, but it was so close in sound to my old Martin, I couldn't justify keeping it. This Concert size Nunes is awesome for some vintage era Tin Pan Alley type stuff, I usually like to use my Martin for and a little easier for me to play.

IMG_20171024_145818372.jpgIMG_20171024_145922369.jpgIMG_20171024_145930910.jpgIMG_20171024_145935934.jpgIMG_20171024_150006734.jpg

Congrats on a sweet-looking instrument! I love the vintage styling, and the nice straight grain on the top. Bet it sounds great!

Excellent choice. I had eyeballed those before and they look lovely.
How is the action on it? I like the lack of fretboard in that it looks like the frets are set directly into the neck itself (ala Deering and some Bruko's).

Excellent choice. I had eyeballed those before and they look lovely.
How is the action on it? I like the lack of fretboard in that it looks like the frets are set directly into the neck itself (ala Deering and some Bruko's).

It came from either UkeRepublic or Mim (seller mentioned both), so it's setup great!

Congrats on your new baby! One of our friends sold her Pono and kept her Ohana just because she liked it better!

Top Bottom