Case for Teardrop Uke?

strat4me

Reaction score
Have a uncased little Favilla Teardrop uke. Any one found or know of a case that this would fit properly in? Doesn't fit in normal soprano case.
???

One option is to build a case, it can be a rewarding process and not too difficult :D I built one for 2 Mya Moe ukes a while back.

What beautiful work. I thought it a good suggestion but fear that only a small percentage of people might be able to make it work for them. I have a couple of inexpensive Pineapple Sopranos, whilst I’m perfectly happy with keeping them in soft cases a search for a hardcase was fruitless. If you have a Vita shaped Uke then you’ll struggle too.

I concluded that if you have a none standard shaped Uke then your easiest way forward is to buy an oversize case and cushioning to place within it. I’d be glad to be proved wrong.

A Steady semi rigid case for mine. I bought it from Mim's Ukes.
'Will try to post some pics later today after work.

Thank you Stagehand for the photos, this looks perfect! I would love Mr. Strat4me to make a custom one for me but his "to do" list is quite long at the moment. LOVE your Favilla!!

Stagehand’s solution looks good to me. I looked up Steady brand Ukulele cases but couldn’t find anything current - maybe they are no longer available - but it did prompt other thoughts.

A semi-ridged type case might be modifiable and perhaps, as violins use them too, they might be in reasonable supply? As another alternative I looked at the Uke Republic site, together with semi-ridged cases they also sell hard cases for (Ohana) Pineapple shape Ukes so maybe one of those alternatives might fit or give the OP some ideas for further investigation.

Edit. A Google search for Pineapple cases turned up something at Austin Bazaar and Amazon, so made worth a trawl?
https://www.austinbazaar.com/gearlux-pineapple-ukulele-polyfoam-case-glx-uc-150-p.html
https://www.amazon.com/Soprano-Pineapple-Ukulele-Case-Black/dp/B000GVMMHC
I have no connection with either company.
I think that the product at Austin was once sold by Amazon so there might be customer feedback for it there.

Last edited:
I don't know if they still make the tweed Stagg pineapple soprano cases, but I had one that I passed on to a friend years ago for her Favilla teardrop. It fit quite well, so even if you can't find one of that specific brand, I second the recommendation to look into pineapple soprano cases.

I think that you are correct. Just a very minor difference on the top of the handle.

I don't know if they still make the tweed Stagg pineapple soprano cases, but I had one that I passed on to a friend years ago for her Favilla teardrop. It fit quite well, so even if you can't find one of that specific brand, I second the recommendation to look into pineapple soprano cases.

Not all pineapple cases will work.
I have a Ko'olau/Pono for a KoAloha pineapple (fits like a glove) and the Favilla swims in it as well as the neck support is too tall.

DSC03253.jpg DSC03251.jpgDSC03255.jpgDSC03250.jpg

I have a Ko'olau/Pono for a KoAloha pineapple (fits like a glove) and the Favilla swims in it as well as the neck support is too tall.

Funny thing about that Stagg case that I used to have - I bought it online for a Kamaka pineapple (which is a bit narrower than the Koaloha) but the case was too small. Fit my friend's Favilla perfectly though, but probably doesn't fit much else.

Have an uncased little Favilla Teardrop uke. Anyone found or know of a case that this would fit properly in?

Hi strat4me, I realize this is an old thread but I just got a Favilla Teardrop and would love to know, what kind of case did you end up getting?

Hi strat4me, I realize this is an old thread but I just got a Favilla Teardrop and would love to know, what kind of case did you end up getting?

I have some odd-shaped ukes, and by trial and error - with my current cases - I've found both regular hard cases and hard zippered cases that fit. The zippered cases seem to have more variation in interior design.

Top Bottom