Xvive Wireless Guitar Transmitter

jnorris235

Reaction score
I hate wires, any advice on a bluetooth or wireless gadget from electric uke to amp? Mine is a RISA stick, so no preamp on board. The amp is a Roland AC33.

Folks might hold off and wait for me to chime in, so I'll pre-empt that now, but I've got no experience with this new brand, and posted some concerns previously on this other thread where folks mentioned the Xvive system:

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?129841-Clip-on-pickups&p=2009414#post2009414

TLDR; Home or small club or even office environment is HEAVILY saturated with devices already using the 2.4ghz spectrum, so using anything on this frequency band to compete with other 'FCC Article 15 devices' is something that I personally would avoid without a hands-on demo.

Due to saturated spectrum, my guess is a wide enough bandwidth for hi-fi audio is going to be a challenge...multiple folks using same brand/model will be difficult...band setups all wireless bad juju...

Thanks. I had followed that thread but not for a while. So I take your points, bluetooth, short range, less problems. As a hobbyist likely at the absolute most to sing solo in a uke troupe or pub, I’ll look out for a good but affordable bluetooth dongle for my RISC stick and Roland AC amp.

I had a Line 6 G50 for a while. Sold it once I realized that a cable isn't so bad and wireless has close to zero real-life applications (for me and my gigs). But the device itself was impressive. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy another if I thought I'd use it.

I’ve used a few wireless systems and I find the best has been the Sony DWZ B30GB, which can be used with instruments or a mic. It also has an XLR DI out. Both the transmitter and receiver have batteries and the receiver can also be on a/c. It is not cheap? $300-400, but it’s one of the best out there.

Sony DWZ B30GB.jpg

Last edited:
I play either solo or with my partner.
We both use the xVive. We set our channels on different settings and we are good to go.
Really happy with the range and quality.

Top Bottom