Times, They Are A-changin’!

Down Up Dick

Reaction score
I’m amazed that there is not one single mention of the World Series. Makes me wonder about modern America.

Ahhhh, for the good ol’ days . . . :eek:ld:

My baseball season generally ends when the Boston Red Sox's season ends. (Don't blame me; I grew up in Boston and suffered through years of really bad teams, not to mention the 1986 World Series.) However, I'm in an NL-only fantasy baseball league, so I'm familiar with NL teams and enjoy watching the players on my fantasy team (Yasmani Grandahl of the Dodgers, who has lost his starting job to Austin Barnes) in the post-season. Because I live in SF, I am quietly rooting for the Astros in the World Series, but I don't have a strong rooting interest. It has been a heck of a World series, though.

I haven’t watched baseball for a long time, but I can’t get over how slooooow it is today. I only watched bits and pieces of the series as I snapped in and out of my naps. My wife filled me in,

Only one out of a dozen or more pitches was a fair ball. Yaaaaawn. :eek:ld:

I'm not surprised since sports-talk doesn't get any traction here. I grew up watching exclusively baseball in Iowa. Big Cubs fan - Go Cubs Go! Last year was amazing. This has been a very good, very exciting World Series though. Two NL teams! (I realize the Astros moved to the AL but I still associate them with the NL). My aunt and uncle used to take me to Dodger Stadium when I was a kid and we'd visit LA, so I'm pro-Dodgers in this Game 7.

I'm watching game 7 now. There is still time for the Dodgers to win!

Astros made it on the 7.00 o'clock news in Perth. Broken bats, home runs and a marriage proposal.

i thought Perth was cricket country....

Edit: Whoops more than one Perth in the English speaking countries :wallbash:

Last edited:
Top Bottom