My ukulele was stolen :(

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to the heart breaking news that my favorite ukulele was stolen:(
I left it at the church building i work at everyday (where i have kept it for the past year). And some one broke in last night and stole multiple things: A bass guitar, an amplifier, my ukulele, a computer, another acoustic guitar. Sad day for all of us. i dont think ill see her again, five years with that baby, i just hope the people who took it will treat her well.

Luckily, the church insurance should cover the losses. Which means im on the market for a new uke. i had a decent Lanikai, zebra-wood, tenor, cut out body, fishman pickup (szw-tca).

I think my first thought was to just get the same uke, but i cant seem to find that one for sale anywhere online.
Maybe its time to spend a little more cash and get a nicer ukulele?
Any suggestions? I guess im looking at the $300-$450 range? Needs to have a pickup as well.
excited to see your suggestions!
thanks!:)

Sorry to hear about your loss jdawg. While the uke might be recovered or show up in a pawn shop, I like your idea to see it positively as a chance to upgrade what you had. Maybe try different tonewood or move up in quality? Go to music stores and get a feel for what feels good to you. Listen to a lot of sound clips also. If you don't know what sound or makers to explore, try HMS and YouTube to hear the possibilities. Lanakai and Kala make good ukes in your price range that include pickup and case too. All my best with your search.

Welcome to the forum! Your journey here may not have started out on the best of circumstances, but I'm sure things will start to improve now that you've connected with this great group of people. Keep us posted!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your loss jdawg. While the uke might be recovered or show up in a pawn shop, I like your idea to see it positively as a chance to upgrade what you had.
:agree:

Life can deal you some seemingly duff cards at times but, like they say, ‘when you’re given lemons make lemonade’. Good luck with sorting something out and you’re right in that the positive thing to do is see the situation as an opportunity.

Last edited:
I woke up this morning to the heart breaking news that my favorite ukulele was stolen:(
I left it at the church building i work at everyday (where i have kept it for the past year). And some one broke in last night and stole multiple things: A bass guitar, an amplifier, my ukulele, a computer, another acoustic guitar. Sad day for all of us. i dont think ill see her again, five years with that baby, i just hope the people who took it will treat her well.

Luckily, the church insurance should cover the losses. Which means im on the market for a new uke. i had a decent Lanikai, zebra-wood, tenor, cut out body, fishman pickup (szw-tca).

I think my first thought was to just get the same uke, but i cant seem to find that one for sale anywhere online.
Any suggestions? I guess im looking at the $300-$450 range? Needs to have a pickup as well.

Considering what was taken I'd keep a close eye on your local craigslist. :(

There are a few tenors on theukulelesite.com in your price range, and best of all they have demo videos in the listings. Maybe you will find something there?

Welcome to the forum! Your journey here may not have started out on the best of circumstances, but I'm sure things will start to improve now that you've connected with this great group of people. Keep us posted!

thank you for the welcome! im actually a long time UU user (6 years). I just lost my old login, its been a while since ive been on the fourm. but its good to be back, even on a sour note:)

Call Mike at Mainland! He may have a great deal on something. And pickups can be installed. Awesome instruments.

Considering what was taken I'd keep a close eye on your local craigslist.

yes example lots of stolen bicycles are recovered by watching craigslist

be sure to report it to local police
have local music stores let them know
check see if church has insurance that would cover the loss
if you have a local uke club let them know about your loss

odds are the low life will not be interested in playing
and will try to sell it

sorry for you loss
yours truly
mac

I've seen some great used Pono's in that price range that meet your description, frequently including a nice hard case. Keep your eye on our Marketplace and on Fleamarket Music's as well. I've seen some good deals on a Mango model, which sounds a lot like Koa/Acacia. Check out the Kala all solid mahogany cutaway tenor which includes a pickup. I've seen them go way, way below what you are willing to pay...if you want something on the mellower side. I use mine as my "jazz and blues" uke tuned low g.

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear about this loss. I once had my fiddle and mandolin stolen. I was devastated for a while, because I was very poor. It took a long time to replace the fiddle, and I never did replace the mando...
I hope you either get your uke back, or get something better!

Top Bottom