Humidity

hoosierhills

Reaction score
The room I keep my ukes in stays at about 60% humidity. The ukes are always kept in cases and I'm wondering if room humidity translates to case humidity. Do I need to put humidifiers in the cases? The room temperature stays at about 68 degrees. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Try for humidity levels between 42-50% at all times during all seasons if possible.

The room I keep my ukes in stays at about 60% humidity. The ukes are always kept in cases and I'm wondering if room humidity translates to case humidity. Do I need to put humidifiers in the cases? The room temperature stays at about 68 degrees. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Definitely don't put humidifiers in the cases. 60% is too much humidity already. You may need to find a way to bring the humidity down inside the cases. The Planet Waves Humidipaks work both ways, adding or taking away as needed.

The ukes are always kept in cases and I'm wondering if room humidity translates to case humidity.

Yes it does. When you open a hard ukulele case it only takes a few seconds for the air in the room to equalize with the air in your case. Then, when you close the case again with your uke inside, the air inside the case is at the same humidity as the air in the room.

A hard case that has been latched can maintain its humidity only for a limited time. It is not designed to be airtight. If a closed case is sitting in a room, within a day its internal humidity will have equalized to that of the room.

Do I need to put humidifiers in the cases?

No. You only need a humidifier if the ambient humidity will go below 35-40%.

Top Bottom