Season 299 - New Kids On The Block

oh ukuleledaddy i am so sorry to hear about your beloved dog

Denali was the sweetest old soul I have ever met. Bless up dear lady, glad you are no longer in pain. Thanks for the smiles your memory affords me, and the sweet wags of the tail I have been the recipient of. What a special gal she was. Sean- I am stuffing Annabelle into a box right now because she is a pain in the ass. Tomorrow, your pain in the ass ;)

oh ukuleledaddy i am so sorry to hear about your beloved dog

Thanks BEV. Very sweet of you.

Denali was the sweetest old soul I have ever met. Bless up dear lady, glad you are no longer in pain. Thanks for the smiles your memory affords me, and the sweet wags of the tail I have been the recipient of. What a special gal she was. Sean- I am stuffing Annabelle into a box right now because she is a pain in the ass. Tomorrow, your pain in the ass ;)

I accept that sweet pain in the ass. Pepsi needs her more than I do I think. Poor thing. She kissed Denali's collar this morning. She is sad. We all are. I'm glad Denali knew you. And thanks mate.

hey Sean. Bless up my brother.
It's so hard losing the buggers. Love you man.

I know plenty of bands before 1950, none after the mid 90s but thanks to Sean and Lefty,
this guy and his music has made me hurt I love it and him so much.
Fred, thanks for this week mate.
Friends, Benjamin Tod is a name you need to remember.
He put out his first rekkid in 2011 with his partner Ashleigh as the Lost Dog Street Band.
Dave and Sean made some radio a few months back featuring this fellas songs
and it blew my mind like few other songwriters and performers have,
and this from a bona fide music junkie.
this one I hadn't heard till this morning but I took a swing at it anyway.
from his and Ashleigh's debut rekkid. it's raw and wild and catchy as all get out.
I am convinced this guy cannot write a bad song.
straight to my busking list. cheers all.

In case folks are looking for some artists to check out here are a few that fit the theme that I like: Ed Sheeran and James Bay are both good folk/pop singers. Meghan Trainor and Sam Smith I like because they both have great voices.

hey Sean. Bless up my brother.
It's so hard losing the buggers. Love you man.
Cheers Jon. Much love to you.

I know plenty of bands before 1950, none after the mid 90s but thanks to Sean and Lefty,
this guy and his music has made me hurt I love it and him so much.
Fred, thanks for this week mate.
Friends, Benjamin Tod is a name you need to remember.
He put out his first rekkid in 2011 with his partner Ashleigh as the Lost Dog Street Band.
Dave and Sean made some radio a few months back featuring this fellas songs
and it blew my mind like few other songwriters and performers have,
and this from a bona fide music junkie.
this one I hadn't heard till this morning but I took a swing at it anyway.
from his and Ashleigh's debut rekkid. it's raw and wild and catchy as all get out.
I am convinced this guy cannot write a bad song.
straight to my busking list. cheers all.

What a tune here Jon. Benjamin Tod, what a find. And thanks for the shout out, but turning you and me and anyone else who was lucky enough to listen to those radio shows falls square on the shoulders of TCK. I remember the day he sent me a Lost Dog Street Band vid and it blew me away. The radio show followed shortly thereafter. Quite the rabbit hole.

Hmmmm......I'm not opposed to one. Do you have a suggestion?

Maybe songs we have written but never have put in the seasons? Songs we haven't recorded yet? Most recent song we have written? All of my songs are from 2013 and after! ☺

Maybe songs we have written but never have put in the seasons? Songs we haven't recorded yet? Most recent song we have written? All of my songs are from 2013 and after! ☺

Excellent idea. For the songwriters you can do a song that you have written since January 1, 2010 that has not yet been recorded for the Seasons. I will update my Introductory post to reflect this. Thank you for the suggestion.

In case folks are looking for some artists to check out here are a few that fit the theme that I like: Ed Sheeran and James Bay are both good folk/pop singers. Meghan Trainor and Sam Smith I like because they both have great voices.

Ed Sheeran?? :wtf:

Can I just point out that the pUKEs came together in 2008, and "Too Drunk To Pluck" with its 50/50 split of originals and covers came out in 2014 :cool:

Can I just point out that the pUKEs came together in 2008, and "Too Drunk To Pluck" with its 50/50 split of originals and covers came out in 2014 :cool:

I don't like all his stuff but Ed Sheeran's written some damn fine songs imo. Easy target as he's successful but there's a good musician in there.

Dunno if hes been mentioned or not yet but Ben Howard does some great stuff. Of Monsters and Men are really good too.

Not sure I understand? I just checked and his stuff all came out after 2010.

Not sure I understand? I just checked and his stuff all came out after 2010.

Fred - worry not, you are just witnessing an outbreak of Sheeran-bashing, a fairly popular sport here in the UK. Popular, that is, unless you are one of his many fans. Personally, I can take him or leave him. But mostly I leave him.

I can't find the real names of these two; they don't even say their own names on their official website.

Handsome and Gretyl are a husband/wife duo. Handsome is from Toronto, and Gretyl is from Seattle. They met when they were both going to college in Vancouver and got married, then moved to Nashville to pursue their ambitions in music. I'm not sure if they're still there or if they have moved back to Seattle (the website isn't clear on this).

They released their first EP in 2011. That was followed by a Christmas EP in 2012 and a full-length album in 2013, then another full-length in 2015.

I think I downloaded their first EP from Noisetrade, but it is no longer available there. One single release is, called "Darling." They also have a Bandcamp site and of course you can buy their stuff on Amazon and iTunes.

Handsome plays guitar and sometimes some percussion. Sometimes the percussion is just a couple of drumsticks tapping on a flat piece of wood. He also sings backup vocals. Gretyl sings lead and plays either guitar or ukulele (a concert, I think), depending on the song. I once made a joke on FB that if Gretyl could use a capo on her ukulele, then so could I. She noticed it and appreciated it. They are currently on hiatus from touring since Gretyl sadly suffered a miscarriage.

"Take My Sorrows" is a song that caught my ear the first time I heard it, and I went so far as to get the lyrics down and jot down some of the chord changes. The original is in Am/C. I had to drop it down to Dm/F to be able to sing it, her voice being significantly higher than mine. She has a great voice, and they have a great folky-pop sound.

And now for the heavy part. For anyone who has been following the latest news, I live in Sutherland Springs. I didn't think I would do another song this week, but I was looking through my stuff and came across this one that fits the theme and I think fits my mood. That's all I'm going to say about it here.

Top Bottom