Chucking

Lapyang

Reaction score
I have read articles and watched videos about how to chuck. However, I am still not very sure if I am doing it right. It sounds just about OK to me but not quite 100% there yet.

All the videos I have watched are shot from the front, facing the player. Looking at the back of the player's hand. I would like to find a video shot from the point of view from the player, hence looking directly down between your own palm and the uke. I think that may really clear things up for me. Anyone out there aware of such video or picture?

Thanks a bunch.

The way I do it is to mute the strings with the heel of my hand/palm after strumming down.

Hope that gives you an idea of one way to do it, there are other ways. :)

(You can also rest your left hand on the strings, no pressure, just enough to stop them sounding, but I find that trickier.)

Last edited:
All the videos I have watched are shot from the front, facing the player. Looking at the back of the player's hand. I would like to find a video shot from the point of view from the player, hence looking directly down between your own palm and the uke. I think that may really clear things up for me. Anyone out there aware of such video or picture?

Is this what you're looking for? (Go to 1:04, blink and you'll miss it.)

Top Bottom