Yamaha gl1

Happymess

Reaction score
I bought a Yamaha gl1 about a month ago and I'm having a blast am 29 and have no musical experience just learning as I go, I don't have a lot of money to spend on training or classes, all in all i am really happy and am proud of my self on how I am progressing. Anyways I made my decision for my next stringed instrument am going to get my first uke, what do you folks think I like kala and I also like Gretsch instruments.any people recommend a different brand, I do want some of pickup on it as my gl1 doesn't have one , all in all I really really enjoy the gl1

The GL-1 is equivalent to a tenor scale uke (17") so you might be more comfortable looking at a tenor.

Some idea of your budget, as well as info about the musical styles you want to play would help to narrow down the list of choices.

Kala has a HUGE spectrum of products, and you might also want to consider Ohana, Cordoba, and Mainland, all of which have ukes in comparable wood options and price ranges...

Your budget is really the only limiting factor.

As well as Kala & Ohana, I have a couple of Baton Rouge ukes, they're about the same quality & worth a look.

If electric is what you're after, you might like to look at RISA solid/travel ukes, or even their steel strung electrics.

Top Bottom