Thread: Can we expect Black Friday deals?

Default Can we expect Black Friday deals?

I'm thinking about getting a Fluke, and wondering if we can expect any black Friday deals from the music sites.

I wasn't into instruments last year, so I don't have any history in this area.

I bought my Martin OXK at 20% off on Black Friday from Musician Friends a few years ago. Right now, they are running a 10-15% off Holiday promotion on qualifying merchandise, more in rewards if you become a member. No setup, which is common from several online vendors, but mine came sealed from the Martin factory and was fine.
    Last edited by actadh; 11-08-2017 at 04:27 AM.
    - Laura

Sopranino - Vintage 1930's Camp Uke (Birch)
    Soprano - Koaloha Opio (Sapele), Martin OXK (HPL), Brueko No. 2 (Maple), Kala ASOV -S (Spruce/Ovangkol), Vintage 40's Silvertone (Mahogany), Vintage 50's Harmony (Birch), Zither Heaven (1 Black Walnut & 1 Cherry), First Act Discovery (Plastic)
    Concert - Luna (Spruce top)
    Tenor - Outdoor Ukulele (Composite Polycarbonate), Mainland (Mahogany)

As Laura has mentioned above, some sites will offer Black Friday sales, but Magic Fluke is NOT in most of these 'big-box' online vendors.

Some authorized vendors that might have sales which carry Magic Fluke instruments that I know of:

Elderly, Penny Lane Emporium, Gryphon Strings, Amazon, GearTree, Amazon, Uke Republic

Also, since you are in MA, I am not sure how far away from the Berkshires you are, but MFC is in Sheffeild, MA, and if not too far from you (they are about a 3 hr drive from me in NJ) you may actually be able to visit the shop and pick out the uke you want or select the wood used for the top itself, but afaik they are not open to walk-ins, but I have heard that if you call them and make an appointment, you will get the VIP treatment.

You can also call and ask about any 'factory seconds' which folks have reported buying for less than the normal retail price.

If you'd like to learn more about Magic Fluke Company's instruments (and see previous discussions about them), I invite you to click the link in my signature below, which will take you to the Magic Fluke Company megathread.

Contact info for them can be found here: http://www.magicfluke.com/Contact-s/1844.htm

No, I dont work for them, nor am I compensated in any way, but I am just a huge fan of their instruments, and own several as of now and very VERY happy with their products.
    Just the FAQs
    "Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go."
    -T. S. Eliot

Check Jet.com as well. I got a Martin 0XK with gig bag for $140 a couple years ago when they had a Black Friday sale. A couple of the big-box stores sell on Jet.
    KoAlana KCA- 0010 mahogany concert <VBG> Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top, willow back/sides) Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany gloss finish soprano Fluke natural concert <BG> Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> Koa soprano Flea Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor Makala MK-CE concert

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Thanks for all the input! This is a very helpful website for us uke noobs because of the knowledge and friendliness of the members.

According to mapquest.com, it would take me 3 hours and 15 minutes to get to Magic Fluke. Maybe some day...

If you visit the Elderly Instruments site and wait for the pop-up you can enter your e-mail address to get a 10% off coupon for first time customers. Geartree does something along those lines too and have some nice prices on bundle deals.

I saw an Enya sepele laminate soprano this morning at 4am and now I can't find it.
    It was $21, at Amazon. Looks like they sold out.
    The Concert is $24.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X6N677Z...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like we are buying a couple more as stocking stuffers.
    Last edited by maki66; 11-17-2017 at 04:55 AM.
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

Quote Originally Posted by maki66 View Post
    I saw an Enya sepele laminate soprano this morning at 4am and now I can't find it.
    It was $21, at Amazon. Looks like they sold out.
    The Concert is $24.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X6N677Z...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like we are buying a couple more as stocking stuffers.
    I was looking at that exact one yesterday too. All gone now.

At that price, it's easily a car/beater uke without worries.

Kudos to you for keeping an eye out and sharing it here.
    Just the FAQs
    "Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go."
    -T. S. Eliot

HMS had a sale last year around Thanksgiving/Christmas time. Selected few Ukes for inventory clearance. Not sure if they will have it this year.
    Tenor:
    Mya Moe Classic Koa #2052 (Low G)

Concert:
    Loprinzi Nova MS-C Mahogany/Spruce, , Knaile'a KPA C Premium Koa (CGDA), Kiwaya KMC-K Koa, Pono RC-C-PC Cedar/Rosewood (Low G), Kala Waterman KA CWB Green

Long Neck Soprano:
    KoAloha KSM-02 Koa

Soprano:
    Lanikai LU-21 Laminate Mahogany (My Very First Uke!), Kamaka Pineapple 100th Anniversary Koa (Low G), Maui Music SK-41 "Pre-Fire" Koa, Ohana SK 50G Cedar/Rosewood, Kala KA ASAC-S Acacia

Quote Originally Posted by Booli View Post
    I was looking at that exact one yesterday too. All gone now.

At that price, it's easily a car/beater uke without worries.

Kudos to you for keeping an eye out and sharing it here.
    Thanks Booli!
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

Thread Information