Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asking for wood help

Quote Originally Posted by Brudd View Post
    Ok, This is where I am so far.
    Sides, back and bridge will be plum.
    Headstock and neck - Black Walnut
    Fretboard - Rosewood
    Saddle,Nut & knobs - Corian
    What I can't figure out is the soundboard . . . . . Suggestions?
    W
    Whatever? Does it really matter? How about an all plum uke? Otherwise just buy some cheap sitka spruce. Will sound great regardless. It is your first after all. Now just start putting it all together. You got bigger things to think about other than what species of wood you are using. Don't over think this part too much. Good luck! Send pictures!

You can get ukulele sized instrument grade tops in either cedar or spruce from tonewood suppliers for approx. $25.00 or less. If it was me I would spend some money on the most important part of the instrument, if you want it to sound good. Just my 2 cents.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    You can get ukulele sized instrument grade tops in either cedar or spruce from tonewood suppliers for approx. $25.00 or less. If it was me I would spend some money on the most important part of the instrument, if you want it to sound good. Just my 2 cents.
    Wise words. I've gotten great sounding spruce tops for as little as $15 dollars and then there is the really expensive stuff for $45 dollars. Cheap at any price considering the expense and time and effort you are going to be putting in building the rest of the instrument.

Thread Information