Workshop visit?

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
As you know I live in the middle of nowehere in North Wales UK. This week I've opened the workshop to visitors by doing a daily live broadcast on what is going on... you can see these via UU's Facebook pages. Here is a link to one such broadcast:

https://www.facebook.com/no1petehowlett/videos/10155848987491031/

It's live broadcasting so loads of bloopers, poor closeups and random ramblings. Last broadcast got 1000 views tho...

Hi Pete,

Thanks for sharing your video. I enjoyed seeing your workshop and the bridge-making process. :)

Mahalo,

Booli

Would have liked to have watched it, but I don't do Facebook. Shame.

Judging by your recent offerings, probably not much I can teach you anyway Dennis :)

FYI:

I do not 'use' Facebook either, nor do I have an account (I refuse to allow them to track me across the internet), and going to the link above, when it asks you to log in to Facebook, if you just click 'No Thanks' at the pop-up window, the page with the video shows, and you just click on the video to see it.

You are NOT required to 'log in' to Facebook to see content if the person posting that content has set it to public viewing and not private-only. You do not have to be 'on' Facebook as a user with an account for this one.

Having said the above, there is no technical or otherwise barrier to seeing the video that Pete has shared, unless you have Facebook blocked at your internet firewall or have moral objections to loading Facebook on your computer.

Hope this helps :)

Judging by your recent offerings, probably not much I can teach you anyway Dennis :)

I appreciate the sentiment behind the words Pete, but the day I stop learning will be the day I stop breathing.
Turned 72 yesterday. :D

Tried loading the FB app on my tablet but without opening an account, but still not allowed to see the video?

Tried loading the FB app on my tablet but without opening an account, but still not allowed to see the video?

Can you not simply open a browser window to facebook on the link above without loading the app?

Maybe de-install the FB app since you have no account, and then the link should open in the browser.

I only tested it on Firefox so I cannot comment about other methods, but most of these site-specific mobile apps will intercept a call to the site, and catch it before the browser does, and if you de-install the app, the default then falls back to the browser.

Can you not simply open a browser window to facebook on the link above without loading the app?

Maybe de-install the FB app since you have no account, and then the link should open in the browser.

I only tested it on Firefox so I cannot comment about other methods, but most of these site-specific mobile apps will intercept a call to the site, and catch it before the browser does, and if you de-install the app, the default then falls back to the browser.

Nope. Nothing works. Pete's link takes me to the FB logon page and unless I login to FB I can not watch the vid. I am on Firefox. Never mind, you can't always get what you want.

The video can be inserted here by copying the URL then use the insert video icon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom