Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Electric Uke Thread

I have the yahama. I was referring to using it as a travel uke. Sorry
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Thanks ricdoug for your advise your expertise is very much appreciated, on the Digitech 360 theres a setting that switches from Amp to Mixer so i can practice at home and use the switch for gigs , my problem is the choice of Amp samplers there are, it's very confusing .

I was very lucky to watch the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain last week amazing players but i noticed apart from the Bass player none of the other Ukulele players where plugged in they all had mikes directed at there Ukulele's for a more acoustic sound i assume .

Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    I have the yahama. I was referring to using it as a travel uke. Sorry
    There are various headphone amplifiers out there, but I've not had a great deal of luck with them, but they are small, some even fit into the RISA bag complete with a cable.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

I was just looking at one of my online suppliers website, & saw a second hand Clearwater steel string electric uke for 80, looked to be in perfect condition, so thought I'd give it a try, as I had wanted to try an electric steel strung uke for a while, but didn't like the RISA prices.

RedClearwaterElectric2-80.jpg
    (Click on image to enlarge.)

That's another Xmas present for me.
    Last edited by Croaky Keith; 12-21-2017 at 08:59 AM.

Here is my favorite electric uke. My stratolele that I built last year. So much fun to crank it through an amp and just let 'er rip!

Attachment 105791

Hey all.

Got a Clearwater Les Paul Tenor the other day and having had time to play it I'm pleased in the main I've got some concerns about the pickups. I've done a quick review here and I'd appreciate some thoughts.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

You say it sounds OK when played through the headphone amp, so I'm wondering if your patch cord is perhaps faulty.

Could be, although I've hooked a pair of speakers up to that amp plug and mainly get lots of feedback. Tried a couple different leads into the amp as well. So I'm not sure why it seems to work with headphones.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

do you have a tuner that you can plug a lead into? i have one, as well as a gazillion clip on tuners, if you have one or can borrow one, try tuning the uke through a lead - does the that g string register ok?

it's really odd that you can hear it ok through the vox and not through the practice amp. do see how it goes through another amp.

if it doesn't work reliably clean through other amps, then start a returns process with amazon, you shouldn't be out of pocket on postage and you could ask for a replacement and see how that goes, or get a refund...
    lynda

also... my jupiter creek electric uke has a similar overhang of the fingerboard over the bit of neck that goes over the body
    lynda

Thread Information