DS: New Concert Uke Spruce/Rosewood by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
I am relisting this uke because it needs to be played and enjoyed. It was built in April of this year and is in new condition. This is a new concert size uke made of some very nice woods for the body. The top is book matched Sitka spruce that is light in weight and very even grain lines some Bear Claw. There was a small knot in the upper bout so I inlaid a MOP star over it. The back and sides are Pau Ferro that I have had for about 10 years and its make a beautiful unique looking uke. The top and back bindings are white vinyl with a top purfling and sound hole rosette are b/w/b combination of wood strips. The top plate, fingerboard and bridge are rosewood. The neck is Mango wood with a truss rod. This Mango has nice color and some very small worm holes (but no worms) from years past, and is a bit harder than Mahogany. There are 12 frets to the body, 18 total. Frets are slightly larger than small uke frets making playing easy and smooth. The nut width is 1 3/8". MOP dots for fret markers with white side dots. Bone nut and compensated bridge saddle. Chrome colored Grover brand friction tuners with cream colored knobs. MOP into ebony logo inlay. High gloss nitro-lacquer finish rubbed to a smooth satin. 15" playing scale. Worth brand strings. Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow sound with excellent highs that spruce is famous for, great for finger picking. I offer a 2 day trial period, your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. Limited lifetime warranty to the original owner. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA by Black Bear Ukes. $25 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

Great Price of $700

Attachments

• 2017-4-18 Concert Uke-a.jpg
    2017-4-18 Concert Uke-a.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 2017-4-18 Concert Uke-b.jpg
    2017-4-18 Concert Uke-b.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 2017-4-18 Concert Uke-c.jpg
    2017-4-18 Concert Uke-c.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 2017-4-18 Concert Uke-d.jpg
    2017-4-18 Concert Uke-d.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 252
Hi Black Bear!

Such a nice looking concert.

Does this have the same neck profile as your ULOs?

For anyone considering a concert, you can't go wrong here! My ULO is one of the easiest playing ukes I own. Very nice! Wish I had the cash for this concert.

Top Bottom